Everyone is buying Beats, but still feeling my beyerdynamic.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beatmunga

Re: Everyone is buying Beats, but still feeling my beyerdynamic.

Post by beatmunga » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:16 pm

Were you attacked by a pair of DT100s as a kid or something Rick?

All in the past now. These instruments of torture can't get to you, as no-one uses them any more. Just breeeathe, (from the diaphram, remember!) and listen to some pan pipes on your pro headphones of choice.
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

Big Data

Post by Big Data » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Here's an article about iPhone audio settings and optimizing them for use with Beats:

http://mashable.com/2012/12/02/beats-he ... iphone-eq/
BDMC
Big Data Mining Co.
facebook.com/bigdatamusic

justchris86

Post by justchris86 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:11 pm

Its ridix. you are paying for the name. if you look at the stats you can get the same quality for cheaper.

As for look i mean they look friggin sexy. but its not worth paying what you do.

I dont understand when you see people walking around with these on lol. if i paid out the ass for these headphones they wouldnt leave my house.
"Do not quote or read this text"

https://soundcloud.com/unnecessary-roughness-yyc

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:47 am

justchris86 wrote:Its ridix. you are paying for the name. if you look at the stats you can get the same quality for cheaper.

As for look i mean they look friggin sexy. but its not worth paying what you do.

I dont understand when you see people walking around with these on lol. if i paid out the ass for these headphones they wouldnt leave my house.
But that's the point isn't it chris? if you don't leave the house with your Beats, no one will see you wearing them and the primary reason for their existence would be negated.

If you asked 20 Beats wearing idiots in the street to show you what they were listening to, there would be at least one who didn't even have it plugged in to anything. Ear Bling.

What really drives me mad are the army of teenage boys who try and justify their parent's money spent in the name of "hearing music as the artist intended", but who have never paid a penny for any actual music in their whole life. They only listen to YouTube clips on their iPhones, or at best badly ripped file shared illegal downloads.

Gets my dander up.

Dre, and all who used who respect him, should be thoroughly ashamed/embarrassed.

On a par with Iggy selling insurance, and Lydon selling butter.
Last edited by beatmunga on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:20 pm

AKG are what you want for mixing work. Q702 flat EQ no bullshit and very clear. beats are made by Monster and they are trying to say their £80 HDMI cables are far better picture and sound than other HDMi cables.

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:52 pm

XSIMan wrote:AKG are what you want for mixing work. Q702 flat EQ no bullshit and very clear. beats are made by Monster and they are trying to say their £80 HDMI cables are far better picture and sound than other HDMi cables.
I don't know XSIMan, I watched the 1080p Blu Ray of Basic Instinct through a Monster cable the other night and I'm sure I noticed a lot less fuzziness and a crisper outline.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:06 am

Through a digital cable are you serious?

Big Data

Post by Big Data » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:23 am

And another one. "The most advanced headphones in the world!"

http://www.parrot.com/zik/usa/mobile/?u ... s_Dec_shop

Big Data wrote:Definitely on the look for a truer sound.
There are so many options, the industry
is inundated with brands.

H20nly wrote:
Tysonviolin wrote:Love my dt 770s
i love mine too. :D

if you're determined to buy another set of headphones... definitely try the Audio Technica M50...

if you're happy with them though, stick with the Beyer D 770s.

i have both and love both... but the Beyer D 770s are like slippers for your ears as mentioned. so, so comfy.
BDMC
Big Data Mining Co.
facebook.com/bigdatamusic

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:01 am

beatmunga wrote:
XSIMan wrote:AKG are what you want for mixing work. Q702 flat EQ no bullshit and very clear. beats are made by Monster and they are trying to say their £80 HDMI cables are far better picture and sound than other HDMi cables.
I don't know XSIMan, I watched the 1080p Blu Ray of Basic Instinct through a Monster cable the other night and I'm sure I noticed a lot less fuzziness and a crisper outline.
XSIMan wrote:Through a digital cable are you serious?
It was a joke... quite a good one I thought after one pint of pale ale too many.

No? No-one? Not a titter?

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:01 am

Tough crowd...

slackboy72

Post by slackboy72 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Personally I use DT 990s (250 ohm) and K702s. There are better but you're looking at $700~$1200 for the Beyer Tesla range or the Audeze or Senn phones.
Also I would stick tp the normal 990s rather than the so called pro version.

Sage

Post by Sage » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:38 pm

slackboy72 wrote:Also I would stick tp the normal 990s rather than the so called pro version.
Beyerdynamic's idea of "professional" is more field work rather than hi-fi/studio, so can be a bit misleading.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Oh I get it ha ha

beatmunga

Post by beatmunga » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:48 pm

XSIMan wrote:Oh I get it ha ha
Result!

THanks XSIMan, I'll be here all week, try the waitress, tip your veal etc

Nemou

Post by Nemou » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:45 pm

I wouldn't buy these, but I did, way back when they were released. I didn't mean to use them as production headphones at the time but did try to do so. It didn't take long for me to trust my $60 earbuds more than the Beats. Build quality is bad and they break down a lot I've heard from the people I bought it from, or so I was told when I went to hand them back in for a refund cause they broke.

They're naturally bass heavy too. Good for mass market sales for sure. :) There's better alternatives for similar or less price, can't give you recommendations on that right now but take a peak around..