In Praise of SaintJoe (AKA JK Swopes) From Sounds and Gear

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
thegoodsirjames

In Praise of SaintJoe (AKA JK Swopes) From Sounds and Gear

Post by thegoodsirjames » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:26 am

Hey I am sure this has been said before, but I want to praise this guy. Following a tip on one of these forums, I starting hassling him with questions about Maschine and Live, many of them extremely boneheaded, I am sure. And did he say RTFM over these last few months? No, he did not, even if on occasion he would have been quite right to do so. Instead, he always took the time to give a response, even though he is busy and does not know me. And many of his tips have been great. Now I believe people have to make a living and I myself am paid for my time and expertise (not, alas, related to Ableton or even music, though I dream that one day this will happen). So I offered a donation but he refused to take it, even after I tried to insist. So thank you, SaintJoe/JK Swopes. You have another fan. And now I see you have a membership site up at http://soundsandgear.com/new-maschine-t ... -open-now/ and I will be glad to support a person like you by joining. And if/when I actually have expertise to offer on music production, I am going to follow your example and be generous with it!
Merry Christmas everyone. :D

Anubis

Re: In Praise of SaintJoe (AKA JK Swopes) From Sounds and Gear

Post by Anubis » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:56 am

Yep, St. Joe is on it. He's active on the NI board too and always willing to help.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

Ascot

Post by Ascot » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:58 am

I subscribe to the maschine tutorials website which I have found immensely helpful in learning machine and getting it set up to play nice with ableton, as well as other handy info. He has always got back to me with any questions I have had. So thumbs up from me too. :D

www.maschinetutorials.com

thegoodsirjames

Post by thegoodsirjames » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:37 pm

Yep I just subscribed and it's excellent