ableton noob, recording Keyboard as audio...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jopke

ableton noob, recording Keyboard as audio...

Post by Jopke » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:53 am

Google and prior forum searches aren't helping probably because my question is just THAT dumb...

I'm super new to all of this if that isn't already apparent.

I want to record into Ableton with my keyboard not using MIDI but just straight in as an audio file using the keyboard sound. I think I have everything I need I just can't make it work. I have my Yamaha DGX-300 connected to a small audio interface (Focusrite iTrackSolo) using a guitar cable from the headphone jack to the the guitar plug slot on the interface. I have the interface connected to my PC with USB.

From this point... I don't know what to do. I can't get ableton to detect any of these devices. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious or doing something stupid but I'm really frustrated and would appreciate any help.

Thanks
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / ... .. --. -. .- - ..- .-. . ...

Gab

Re: ableton noob, recording Keyboard as audio...

Post by Gab » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:06 am

Is the driver for your audio interface installed ?

In Live, Options > Preferences > Audio tab, can you select your interface (in front of "Audio peripheral") ?
'If they act too hip, you know they can’t play shit.'

Jopke

Re: ableton noob, recording Keyboard as audio...

Post by Jopke » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:31 am

wow, I didn't even consider that. When I was using it with my iPad there was no driver needed. It works fine now, ust gotta figure out how to balance things out so there's not so much delay now.

I really appreciate the help.
..-. ..- -.-. -.- / ... .. --. -. .- - ..- .-. . ...