Ableton vs. reFX Nexus glitch.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DjHillsdon

Ableton vs. reFX Nexus glitch.

Post by DjHillsdon » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:49 am

So I've been working on a remix on and off for the past 4 months now and I went to go and duplicate a midi channel with nexus and then Live crashed. After many attempts, Ableton would open, but as soon as it started loading the set, it would crash.

I then read about uninstalling nexus, which I just dragged out of the VST folder I had established, refreshed my plugins, and the set would open...

I then tried just working on a new project with Nexus and Ableton, and they both work together but not on my one set.

Can anybody come up with any kind of solution that could save me with this headache. It's such a shame to lose all that work.
It's only a couple of hours away from finishing so whoever can provide me with some help will gladly get a nice trap remix of a classic French electro house track from 2006. :)

Many thanks guys,

DJ Hillsdon

be tonal

Re: Ableton vs. reFX Nexus glitch.

Post by be tonal » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:53 am

Uninstall Nexus, reinstall it (if you haven´t already)
If that doesn´t work try reomiving the instances of Nexus from the project, save, reinstall Nexus (or move back to folder) and add them back in (hope you can recreate the settings). That´s waht helped me with the same problem, (different vst though)
Last option, Ableton support.

Good luck!

Eventful

Post by Eventful » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:27 pm

DjHillsdon wrote:So I've been working on a remix on and off for the past 4 months now and I went to go and duplicate a midi channel with nexus and then Live crashed. After many attempts, Ableton would open, but as soon as it started loading the set, it would crash.

I then read about uninstalling nexus, which I just dragged out of the VST folder I had established, refreshed my plugins, and the set would open...

I then tried just working on a new project with Nexus and Ableton, and they both work together but not on my one set.

Can anybody come up with any kind of solution that could save me with this headache. It's such a shame to lose all that work.
It's only a couple of hours away from finishing so whoever can provide me with some help will gladly get a nice trap remix of a classic French electro house track from 2006. :)

Many thanks guys,

DJ Hillsdon

First make sure that both your copy of Live and Nexus are legal, and not cracked. If they are, I can't help you.

If they aren't, then uninstall Nexus, remove it from the scene that you're having trouble with (You don't have to remove the midi data you've already made) and save and close it. Then reinstall Nexus with the newest version of the installer (which you might have to download again) and don't install any nexus addons. Open Live and put it back in the set. If that worked, close Live and reinstall your packs if you have them.

Love, a Nexus/Live user.

On the side, though, I've noticed that I can't scroll within Nexus with my scroll wheel when using Live, I have to click and drag the scroll bar. It's a bit annoying.
funken wrote: The whipping must put air in and this stops it exploding.

DjHillsdon

Post by DjHillsdon » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:19 am

Hey guys!

Sorry... what I meant to say was, hey life savers!

I did what you guys said and uninstalled nexus, screenshotted the plugin settings, replaced it with Massive, saved a new file, reinstalled nexus, opened the file, replaced massive with nexus, and made ONCE again, another save as.

Really appreciate it guys.
I'm not sure if you guys just wonder around on the internet trying to save people's day or whatever but I seriously do appreciate you taking your time out of the day to make mine.

Much love guys! <3

Eventful

Post by Eventful » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:30 am

DjHillsdon wrote:Hey guys!

Sorry... what I meant to say was, hey life savers!

I did what you guys said and uninstalled nexus, screenshotted the plugin settings, replaced it with Massive, saved a new file, reinstalled nexus, opened the file, replaced massive with nexus, and made ONCE again, another save as.

Really appreciate it guys.
I'm not sure if you guys just wonder around on the internet trying to save people's day or whatever but I seriously do appreciate you taking your time out of the day to make mine.

Much love guys! <3

Oh no, it's cool. That's what we're here for. Just sitting around, punching out criticism and giving advice. c:

DjHillsdon

Post by DjHillsdon » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:37 am

Atta boy!

Well if you fancy a few head bobbing freebies give a quick look at my facebook. :)

www.facebook.com/djhillsdon

Thank you once again!

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:13 pm

this guy had 3 posts and never got made fun of... What's with all the slackers around here?!?! :)
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

Eventful

Post by Eventful » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:16 pm

DjHillsdon wrote:Atta boy!

Gender discrimination.
I should have know. eue;

I'll check out your music in a bit, I suppose. .3.

Murry Crestmess, peeple.

DjHillsdon

Post by DjHillsdon » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Jekblad wrote:this guy had 3 posts and never got made fun of... What's with all the slackers around here?!?! :)
Not sure i'm falling you here.

Eventful

Post by Eventful » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:53 pm

DjHillsdon wrote:
Jekblad wrote:this guy had 3 posts and never got made fun of... What's with all the slackers around here?!?! :)
Not sure i'm falling you here.
People around this site have this irksome tendency to pick on new users and people who come around just looking for a problem fix. I suppose the trouble-makers are too happy with the Christmas high to do their regular routine.

DjHillsdon

Post by DjHillsdon » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am

Well this happened to be last resort. After spending ages looking for somebody on the interweb who had the same issue... I had to make my own topic. :)

Which for me has to be the last resort.

Had to make a forum account and everything. 8O

Besides, thought forums were made for situations like this. :D

be tonal

Post by be tonal » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:44 pm

DjHillsdon wrote:Well this happened to be last resort. After spending ages looking for somebody on the interweb who had the same issue... I had to make my own topic. :)

Which for me has to be the last resort.
And that´s (kinda) why i replied. It´s not a question you can solve easily by googling, i experienced it as well so i could help without much effort. No help for the guys with the mixing problem who don´t even notice the same thread has just been started, exists at least 20 times on this forum and is a much larger topic.