An all round solid EQ VST

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tarekith

Re: An all round solid EQ VST

Post by Tarekith » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:26 pm

XSIMan wrote:DMG Audio Equick is a digital and a linear EQ His new EQ I'm exited about because it will put Equick and Equality and lots of other things into one EQ that you can customise to what you want to work with. I think the only reason to buy another EQ to Live 9 Eq is just for different controls more bands or a bigger GUI to work in.

Andy's Cytomic glue compressor gets a lot of praise in all the forums I go in just having his name in Live 9 adds a lot of value to Live. I believe DAWs are just jack of all trades and only master of workflow so I use only third party plugins. Cytomic The Glue compressor and his EQ just makes Live the best in those areas and workflow now.
Where is there info on his new EQ?

agent314

Post by agent314 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:31 pm

You have better ears than me... but are you as pretty?
Doubt it, on both counts

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:33 pm

agent314 wrote:
You have better ears than me... but are you as pretty?
Doubt it, on both counts
I feel bad now.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

agent314

Post by agent314 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:50 pm

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/233099/SweepTest8.wav

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/233099/SweepTest9.wav

Exact same project rendered in 8 and in 9

Default Analog patch, Sustain increased to 0, 15db boost sweeping from 30hz to 22hz

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:25 am

Cytomic made EQ Eight for Live 9 so Live 9 now is in the top 5 of best EQs ever. Others to keep an eye on are:-

DMG Audio Equalizer March - April 2013
Eiosis Air EQ April 2013
Fab Filter Pro-Q

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:30 am

DMG Audio's new EQ Equilibrium is finished but he's now coding the install thing for it so it's very soon. A thread about it is here which DMG Audio have been posting in http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=375444
Last edited by XSIMan on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:40 am

Thanks!

foetus666

Post by foetus666 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:11 am

andy_cytomic wrote:
XSIMan wrote:Cytomic helped to redesign EQ Eight Live 9 think they added an analogue algorithm if you double click it you get some extra functions and a larger GUI.

Other than that DMG Audio Equick is the best EQ their is you can make it nearly full screen, its pure transparent, upto 32 bands.

Theirs another EQ from DMG Audio with everything EQ related in one coming out in about two months.
The Live 9 EQ8 algorithm is the most advanced there is. It is a linear (ie doesn't adding drive) analog model of an SVF, so it has brilliant numerical properties and all parameters can be automated completely smoothly. This level of audio quality and smooth automation are not possible with any other EQ I know of.

If you don't have Live 9 and you want a linear EQ (ie one that doesn't add any drive) then I recommend the DMG EQ plugins, they don't ruin your audio like some other plugins, they have a good price, an easy to use interface. You need to leave all the settings alone for the length of a track through unless you want added artefacts.
I can't agree more about your comment with DMG EQ not ruining audio. A few months back I did a comparison of Studio One's EQ and the DMG. The Studio One EQ made the sound lose so much definition and punch. DMG changed the "tone" the right way without any audio "smear"

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:25 am

I like Studio One a lot, but it's EQ is basic at best IMO. Comparing it to eQuality is like comparing Apple and Oranges. Live 9's EQ is much closer to that sort of vibe though, definitely one of the best parts of the Live 9 upgrade.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:41 am

PSP Neon here, comes in three flavors, including mastering grade linear EQ.
I like EQ 8 as well, but as I use more than Live I like AU/VSTs. Plus a linear phase EQ is nicely surgical when needed.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:46 pm

DMG Audio new EQ is live :) http://dmgaudio.com/products_equilibrium.php
Overview
•Massively flexible EQ suitable for all critical professional applications
•Audio Engine can be incredibly low CPU usage, or incredibly high for mastering applications
•EQ features pristine digital curves, plus circuit models of vintage EQs, and engineering filters
•Completely reconfigurable UI with set-up wizard to suit to your specific workflow
•Extensive routing, grouping, channel and metering control
•Extensive analyser functionality, including 1/3 octave, 1/12 octave, spectrograph
•Even in lowest CPU mode, generates super-high-quality prototypes - clear undistorted top-end
•In FIR mode, Linear, Analogue, Minimum, Zero-Latency Analogue or even Free phase control
•32 bands of EQ, Q 0.1->50, +/-36dB range•Each band can be Peak, HPF, LPF, High Shelf, Low Shelf or Notch
•In stereo, each bank can process Mid, Side or the full stereo image
•Surround support for channels groupings in DTS
•Fully parametric filters (high and low-pass), 6/12/18/24/30/36/42/48db/oct
•Windows VST, VST3 and AAX as 32+64bit, RTAS 32bit
•Mac VST, VST3, AU and AAX as 32+64bit, RTAS 32bit

Sound
•Circuit models of vintage EQs from history, model numbers including: 4000, 3 (4 modes), 110, 550, 88, 32, 250
•Filters include: Coincident, Butterworth, Chebyshev, Bessel, Critical, Legendre, Elliptic, Allpass types
•First-order, second-order, vintage, and tilt shelves
•Classic DMG Bells and notches, with a +/-36dB range, and a Q range from 0.1 to 50
•Classic DMG Shelves which let you move the resonance above or below the curve
•Classic DMG Filters at 6/12/18/24/30/36/42/48 db/octave, sweepable resonance
•M/S processing mode, allows you to process Mid, Side or the Stereo image
•L/R processing mode, for independent Left and Right EQ
•Surround sound support upto 7.1 DTS, with channel grouping matrix, and per-pair M/S processing
•Per-band phase control, plus quick access to Linear, Analogue and Minimum phase modes
•Extensive Impulse Response design controls, including a selection of parametric windows, length and padding

Vision
•Flexible, modular, configurable UI
•Big, clear, antialiased graph
•Hi-res Spectrum analyser with multiple modes
•Range, to scale the EQ response, both +ve and -ve
•Frequency shift, to allow you to retune the response
•Configurable multi-channel metering, supporting K-metering and variable ballistics
•8 banks of A/B
•Full preset management system
•Undo/redo
•Autolisten mode, for quick finding/adjustment of frequencies
•Clip LED
Last edited by XSIMan on Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:10 pm

Dear god, that is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I will have it :)

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:28 pm

Correction the rainbow thing is far better in the plugin itself it has a Spectrum analyser in the graph that is colour coded. when you demo it right click the analyser button.

You can add EQ character type per band!

Added my own screenshot of it. I better add that limiter in Compassion :)

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Been messing with the demo non-stop, doing some A-B testing with eQuality with everything set up the same. Definitely a much more open sound to the new one, and I thought eQuality had a lovely top end. Buying now, this is the best EQ I've ever used.

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:08 pm

If you login to your account you get a discount if you order in first 30 days and more off depending on how many other DMG Audio EQs you own:)
Last edited by XSIMan on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.