tea drinkers

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
esteban2010

Re: tea drinkers

Post by esteban2010 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:45 pm

TANGANDA TEA. From Zimbabwe. The best tea for producing music..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:33 pm

peyote tea is still my favorite.

just sayin.

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:54 pm

H20nly wrote:peyote tea is still my favorite.

just sayin.
This.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:26 pm

I prefer glue

or thinners

or gas

or (worst comes to worst) AMYL

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:40 pm

I used to smoke pot a long time ago in a land far, far away...it didn't make my creative process any better, it just seemed like it at the time! :roll:

I remember once, just before going into a venue to see a live band a girl I knew who was completely out of control 95% of the time (& hence a LOT of fun maybe 80% of the time) waved a tiny vial under my nose which made me feel the top of my head had been removed and my brains were dancing on the ceiling. 8O
This was a unique and not entirely unpleasant experience but it did freak me out a bit at the time. She told me later it was amyl nitrate, I never sought that particular buzz again...

Back on topic, I have been drinking a hell of a lot of Chai lately, but the teabag variety, not the properly made really sweet, cinnamon ones that you get at coffee shops/cafes. I'm not sure if it has any positive or otherwise effect on my creative process, apart from ensuring I take a break every now and then to have a pee.
:D

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:52 pm

yeah man - I didn't do amyl for about 20 years now.

But just playing with fm8 right now and it's a similar buzzzzzzzzzz

störgeräusche

Post by störgeräusche » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Earl Grey, with milk. To stay awake.
First come milk, sugar and teabag, then after one minute or so i pour water and leave it alone for another minute or two.
I find that leaving the tea in the milk a minute before pouring the water gives a fuller flavour, could be placebo or could be that some aromatic substances melt in the fat of the milk giving a richer flavour.

orange flowers tea without sugar to go to bed.
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A

loydb

Post by loydb » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:11 am

I'm an Upton Tea junkie in addition to my coffee habit. I tend to like mostly black teas, often with flavors. Upton's Cranberry Black is my current favorite, followed by their Mango Indica. On the decaf side, they have a great Earl Grey, as well as Apricot and Blackcurrant.
MFOS Ultimate Expand-o-tron Build Log: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/view ... 797#308797
MFOS Mini-Controller Build Log [FINISHED!]: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/view ... hp?t=42968

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:36 am

yorkshire tea out of a big tin mug, dash of milk and no sugar. amyl nitrate fresh from an unlit cigarette dipped in the bottle, but not for about 20 years now as I never got used to the sound of my brain cells popping

craftycurate

Post by craftycurate » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:50 pm

Rooibos mixed with Lemon and Ginger, cinnamon stick, or honey
Russian Caravan (Keemun to Yunnan in a 3:1 ratio)
Tim Horton's Pumpkin Spice Tea (only available in Canada late autumn: Rooibos with liquorice, black pepper, chamomile + some other stuff)
Earl Grey with lemon

Those are the ones I drink most often from my collection of 40+ varieties.
Core i7 2.3GHz|Win7x64|8GB|1.5TB & Core 2 Duo T7200, XP Pro SP3,
Nio 2|4, Edirol PCR800, NanoKontrol , Komplete Synths + Reaktor 5, Cameleon, Alchemy, FabFilter 2 suite
http://www.myspace.com/richardlyallmusic http://craftycurate.blogs.com