How To - Isolator (Multi-Band) Effects Using Lives Plugs?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Acid303

How To - Isolator (Multi-Band) Effects Using Lives Plugs?

Post by Acid303 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:50 pm

http://www.djtechtools.com/2013/01/07/i ... n-traktor/

This article on djtechtools about creating isolator effect mapping in traktor led me to thing about how it could be implemented. Any ideas? I thought of running an EQ 3 followed by an effects rack on a send but this would effectively double up on the frequency to which the effect is applied leaving the dry signal as well as the effected signal. I also don't really like how using send and return boost your overall volume and can lead to volume changes or worse clipping when djing if you're not really careful so generally prefer an effect on the track with a wet dry know. Obviously this wouldn't work for this though as the other frequencies would be cut out. I think this might hinge on 1 knob being able to be mapped to 2 functions like turning down EQ on the track whilst brining in the effected EQ.

be tonal

Re: How To - Isolator (Multi-Band) Effects Using Lives Plugs?

Post by be tonal » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:26 pm

Why the big font? Hard to read imo.

You can do that with an effect rack. 3 Chains, freq. divided (i´d use EQ8 for this as EQ3 colors the sound even in a neutral setting).
Duplicate a chain, put fx on it.
Then link a macro to both the volume of the original and the wet/duplicated chain, inverted for the latter.

Acid303

Re: How To - Isolator (Multi-Band) Effects Using Lives Plugs?

Post by Acid303 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:58 am

Thanks I'll give it a try. So I would have 6 chains 2 for each frequency?
Haha, I consider it a normal size of font - I'm not sure why the font on here is so ridiculously tiny. Thought it would be easier to read.
Cheers