Waves "One Knob" Plugins Review

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
milfhuntr

Waves "One Knob" Plugins Review

Post by milfhuntr » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:39 am

I feel so stupid because it worked so damn well! I thought I was just ok at mastering but this sounds excellent. I put a Driver with a setting of .5 and it gave it this real hot tape saturation sound and I was like no way, this one knob sounds really good.

Then I put a Phatter with a setting of 4.5. A Brighter with a 1.5 and a Louder with a setting of 5.

Amazing. ? What it is doing, I don't know. That really sucks that I don't know, but hey . . .

I feel silly because I don't have any control over anything here (other than the dry/wet) but the result was phenomenal. I probably will try it on various things to see A to B comparison but as of now I am sold.

spacecat

Re: Waves "One Knob" Plugins Review

Post by spacecat » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:12 am

since i signed up to get that free one, i have been receiving Pizza Hut spam from israel.. :evil:
havent used it yet..

edit: haven't ordered a pizza from there yet either...

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:03 am

I like using Saturator at +7.2dB, regardless of the source material. I also find playing with the gain on Utility can make my music sound louder.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

spacecat

Post by spacecat » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:23 am

ok, been up all night,

read d.reamonn s various new posts, nearly passed out laughing, and now im off to bed..

thx for that ;)

condra

Post by condra » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:28 pm

d.reamonn wrote:I like using Saturator at +7.2dB, regardless of the source material. I also find playing with the gain on Utility can make my music sound louder.
this