How to save my warped tracks to burn to CD?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
buckman

How to save my warped tracks to burn to CD?

Post by buckman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:03 pm

When warping tracks in LIVE 8, I take a 130bpm track and re-warp it at 146bpm so its a new tempo and speed.

I press the little SAVE button next to the warped waveform at the bottom which I believe saves the 'warping' just for Ableton live launching..

Is there a simple way to save the 'audio' of this new warp easily so that the song is at the new tempo 'outside' of Live? so I can burn to CD at the new 146bpm?

is the only way, to select the song with the loop brace, and export it? - seems a bit long winded?
I was told not to use consolidate as its not great quality for full songs.

I thought there maybe a simple SAVE function that could save your 'warped audio' to a new location at a different tempo outside of Live?

buckman

Re: How to save my warped tracks to burn to CD?

Post by buckman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:37 pm

bump?

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:13 pm

I thought there maybe a simple SAVE function that could save your 'warped audio' to a new location at a different tempo outside of Live?
There isn't. You'll have to drop the warped file in arrangement view and export it

buckman

Post by buckman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:21 pm

Ok thanks

Is there a way to choose a destination, when using Consolidate?

I could then warp, consolidate to a new "warped" folder?

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:38 pm

What do you mean by consolidate ? If you want to save your file with the modified warp markers, drop the audio clip in arrangement view and go to file > export audio/video (you'll be able to choose your export folder)

southsounder

Post by southsounder » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:58 am

Just freeze the track with the warped clip then grab the generated file out of the Samples folder.