Bitwait....I mean Bitwig

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Hippiechick

Re: Bitwait....I mean Bitwig

Post by Hippiechick » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:14 am

I went to NAMM in Los Angeles last week, and visited the Bitwig booth. Here's the info I got directly from the CEO, Placidus.

Bitwig will most likely be released in June 2013. There is beta testing going on now, and more folks will be invited to test in the very near future. They had over 50,000 requests for beta testing.

Bitwig's price will be somewhere between Logic and Ableton Suite pricing ($200 - $700 USD). They estimate ~$400 USD.

I did get to play with Bitwig for about 5 minutes, and it was pretty awesome. Particularly in setting up effects, etc.

But to be completely honest, after seeing Ableton's Dennis DeSantis demo Live 9 with Push and an APC40 at NAMM, I'm totally sold. Push is gonna blow your socks off kids!

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:14 am

H20nly wrote:
Donnie wrote:BTW...bitwig = unicorn. Something tells me that this mythical beast is going to fly in with a broken wing and a bum leg. I'll consider it when it can be shown to be as stable as live in a live environment. Until then the argument is just a time waster at best.
this.

@ sdfak1234 - you might wanna come up with plan D. because:

plan A.bleton you have no qualms about stating hasn't worked for you

plan B.itwig is a long shot at best... maybe having the same development team just gets you to the same place faster :idea:

plan C.unt post at people on the forum who challenge your intellectual prowess, musical genius and software developing skills seems kinda moot with out any proof of these

plan D.on't expect too much and you won't get let down might cause less friction :wink:
Yeah, you're pretty correct actually. I don't disagree.... I mean plan Cunt is just enjoyable, it's not really moot, it makes me feel good. To be fair though, I left music out of it. Plan D isn't really a plan but I don't actually expect to much, ya know, again, this is just a fallacy that I'm jumping up and down for Bitwig, there is knob su that tried to find quotes of me hyping up Bitwig but obviously what I actually said is quite reserved. Do you seriously think I'd let myself get burned again like I with Live 9?? no way.
Last edited by sdfak1234 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:16 am

Hippiechick wrote:I went to NAMM in Los Angeles last week, and visited the Bitwig booth. Here's the info I got directly from the CEO, Placidus.

Bitwig will most likely be released in June 2013. There is beta testing going on now, and more folks will be invited to test in the very near future. They had over 50,000 requests for beta testing.

Bitwig's price will be somewhere between Logic and Ableton Suite pricing ($200 - $700 USD). They estimate ~$400 USD.

I did get to play with Bitwig for about 5 minutes, and it was pretty awesome. Particularly in setting up effects, etc.

But to be completely honest, after seeing Ableton's Dennis DeSantis demo Live 9 with Push and an APC40 at NAMM, I'm totally sold. Push is gonna blow your socks off kids!

Great post, thanks Hippiechick... I do like the look of push BTW, but without automation compensation I can't even work on my Live projects.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:18 am

sdfak1234 wrote:
H20nly wrote:
Donnie wrote:BTW...bitwig = unicorn. Something tells me that this mythical beast is going to fly in with a broken wing and a bum leg. I'll consider it when it can be shown to be as stable as live in a live environment. Until then the argument is just a time waster at best.
this.

@ sdfak1234 - you might wanna come up with plan D. because:

plan A.bleton you have no qualms about stating hasn't worked for you

plan B.itwig is a long shot at best... maybe having the same development team just gets you to the same place faster :idea:

plan C.unt post at people on the forum who challenge your intellectual prowess, musical genius and software developing skills seems kinda moot with out any proof of these

plan D.on't expect too much and you won't get let down might cause less friction :wink:
Yeah, you're pretty correct actually. I don't disagree.... I mean plan Cunt is just enjoyable, it's not really moot, it makes me feel good. Plan D isn't really a plan but I don't actually expect to much, ya know, again, this is just a fallacy that I'm jumping up and down for Bitwig, there is knob su that tried to find quotes of me hyping it Bitwig but what I actually said is quite reserved. Do you seriously think I'd let myself get burned again like I with Live 9?? no way.
i'm assuming you mean Live 8, not Live 9 right? i don't see how a beta can burn you really... no more than holding a match to your own foot would anyway.

agreed about Hippiechick's post. someone who actually has had their hands on something somewhat tangible... how refreshing.

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:24 am

H20nly wrote: i'm assuming you mean Live 8, not Live 9 right? i don't see how a beta can burn you really... no more than holding a match to your own foot would anyway.

agreed about Hippiechick's post. someone who actually has had their hands on something somewhat tangible... how refreshing.
Nah well look this is just pedantic isn't it? sure Live ain't out yet, but lets be realistic, we both know what I'm talking about with Live 9. It isn't changing.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:31 am

Hippiechick wrote: June 2013.
nailed it, cookie please

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:12 am

sdfak1234 wrote:This post is just banal and inane, guys repeated what others have said.. you're going to get a brown star just for being boring and pointless..... be proud of this: go fuck yourself Donnie!
Thanks, and...gladly! :lol:

su

Post by su » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:42 am

sdfak1234 wrote:
This. hahahhaha I don't even get this post
It's not that hard

*read all rows, in order

*reflect on what's being said, paying particular attention to statements in adjacent clusters and noting any hypocrisy and contradiction

[edited for civility's sake] Here's a suggestion - simply saying you're smarter than everyone else, often and loudly doesn't make it true.
Last edited by su on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

su

Post by su » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:44 am

double post deleted

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:30 am

su wrote:
sdfak1234 wrote:
This. hahahhaha I don't even get this post
It's not that hard

*read all rows, in order

*reflect on what's being said, paying particular attention to statements in adjacent clusters and noting any hypocrisy and contradiction

[edited for civility's sake] Here's a suggestion - simply saying you're smarter than everyone else, often and loudly doesn't make it true.
EDITED for less civility:

Read what I'm about to say in order (?). I got you the first time. I clearly understood and responded to your dumb ass post. I read in order, that's what people generally do. I'm not going to pay attention to you. There is no hypocrisy, no contradiction. None. None what so ever. Now seriously this time, go fuck yourself, when I say that, that means there is no point talking to me, because I think you're pointless and I dont regard your opinion.

I'll explain again very clearly this time. No examples at all of me jumping up and down for Bitwig. These posts that you point out as hypocrisy were deliberately designed like that... go back and read them again and maybe it'll be obvious to you. Very simple, you use an ad hominem argument against me, I use one against you, that's what I've been doing all along, get it now you fucking moron? get the fuck off my radar idiot... marks for pointing it out, you genius.

If you can't handle the heat don't get in my fire.

sdfak1234

Post by sdfak1234 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:44 am

I'm not even going to look at this thread again, so don't bother replying to me... it's just too obvious whats going to come next, people are going to continue to try and make this bullshit argument that I'm some kind of Bitwig poster boy. People are going to continue to think that I was being a hypocrite when it actuality they're just too dumb to realize I used their same logic against them. People will continue to invent quotes about intelligence and superiority, that never happened. Maybe we'll even have some more remarks about the ability for a company to deliver a product in 3 years. More facepalming like children. More google image searches. More esoteric jokes that are pretending to be clever (old trick from high school). Too predictable. You can all go fuck yourselves :) PEACE

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:53 am

forget cagematch, you and funken should compare notes, superiority complex: check, persecution complex: check, general allaround dildo:check

'go fuck yourself' X 10 speaks clearly to your general lack of creativity, are you stuck in 1987? massive T2 fan?

don't you wonder why threads you get in on degenerate like this?

J0n35y

Post by J0n35y » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:55 am

sdfak1234 wrote:I'm not even going to look at this thread again, so don't bother replying to me... it's just too obvious whats going to come next, people are going to continue to try and make this bullshit argument that I'm some kind of Bitwig poster boy. People are going to continue to think that I was being a hypocrite when it actuality they're just too dumb to realize I used their same logic against them. People will continue to invent quotes about intelligence and superiority, that never happened. Maybe we'll even have some more remarks about the ability for a company to deliver a product in 3 years. More facepalming like children. More google image searches. More esoteric jokes that are pretending to be clever (old trick from high school). Too predictable. You can all go fuck yourselves :) PEACE
A true Keyboard Warrior NEVER gives up. Your kin will be sorely disappointed.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:11 am

BPD - check.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:23 pm

simmerdown wrote:
Hippiechick wrote: June 2013.
nailed it, cookie please
:) heh... as i read that part of Hippiechick's post, simmer nailed it... i thought... then i remembered that Bitwig still has to pull it off.

so you guessed the target date. 1/2 points :wink: