Post subject: Push and browser
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:10 am 

Hi everybody

I know that I can Load Ableton devices and instruments but

Can I Load only wav (clips) with Push like kontrol F1

Thanks for yours answers :)

Post subject: Re: Push and browser
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:23 am 

No. I've asked Dennis DeSantis on Twitter. What a bummer.
I'm pretty shure they'll implement it sometime, since it doesn't seem like a big tech challenge.

Quote:
dennisdesantis: @alexbuga no, there's no clip loading. Push is meant for making new clips with a new workflow. It's not really a Live controller at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:55 pm 

alex.buga wrote:
I'm pretty shure they'll implement it sometime, since it doesn't seem like a big tech challenge.

Quote:
dennisdesantis: @alexbuga no, there's no clip loading. Push is meant for making new clips with a new workflow. It's not really a Live controller at all.

Bit of a bummer that is it not? Maybe I'm missing something but surely it would have made perfect sense for Push to be compatible with existing projects for launching clips and the like?

The whole concept seemed like an ideal, purpose built controller/drum machine/instrument amalgamation to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:04 pm 

Wait, but I thought there was clip launching, yes?

So having them in your set, you should be able to launch them, but you can't scroll through your browser to pull new clips into your set

At least, I would hope so. Giant bummer if not :/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:11 pm 

Thats how I thought it would work agent314. Maybe wires are being crossed and like you say you cant browse and pull new clips in which is fair enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:25 pm 

Abes can't make it do everything. It would close their options to release future controllers... ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:51 pm 

alex.buga wrote:
I'm pretty shure they'll implement it sometime, since it doesn't seem like a big tech challenge
Quote:
:o Emm.. I wouldnt call loading samples a live future, but rather an edit future. That function could have nailed Mashine to the ground as a clip/comp builder.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:35 am 

Quote:

Well, I thought I'd be selling Maschine and buying Push...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:12 am 

I said LOADING clips... like FROM THE BROWSER. Not triggering from the Session. That's a big difference.

Ex: I'm playing my song and I want to browse from a conga clip and add it to the session. That kind of thing.

Push is an awesome performance / creation tool. I sold Maschine MK2 too to finance Push. But at the moment I bought the MPC Renaissance, plan to keep it a month to test it and return if I don't like it and still buy Push.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:45 am 

Ha, of course, Push would be crippled if you couldn't launch from session. From the browser is what I'm talking about too and that lacking seems like a huge oversight, but no doubt it's a technical thing or marketing to Push more users when they integrate that capability. I'm not bitching, I've never used the thing, but I really want a less "set" constricted feel and perplexed that browser loading wasn't a core feature in a "live" product long ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:16 am 

I honestly cannot stress how little I want this feature. I think of Push as an instrument. If I want a different instrument's sound, I'll use that instrument. The only thing that could be added that would improve push would be the ability to record audio.

I think that it's ridiculous that people are changing their minds about Push because of this silly thing.
Seriously guys. It's not that hard to drag and drop a sound if you already know where it is.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:37 pm 

Push can't load audio loops? Really?

But it can load samples into Drum racks right? I mean that's the whole point of the whole browser finding your snares and kicks and everything. But it can't load wav loops to audio tracks?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:52 pm 

Eventful wrote:
I honestly cannot stress how little I want this feature. I think of Push as an instrument. If I want a different instrument's sound, I'll use that instrument. The only thing that could be added that would improve push would be the ability to record audio.

I think that it's ridiculous that people are changing their minds about Push because of this silly thing.
Seriously guys. It's not that hard to drag and drop a sound if you already know where it is.

Some people see the mouse as a non-instrument and when something forces you to reach for it, it takes them out of the headspace of Push (or whatever controller) being an instrument.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:16 pm 

Eventful wrote:

I see what you mean, but I already have a launch pad, maschine micro and keyboard. That pretty much does it for instrument stuff for me. And learning a whole new way of playing notes doesn't seem that appealing.

A really slick integration to do just about everything from the controller may just have pushed me over the edge to get it though (no pun intended).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:34 pm 

Well, sometimes, let's say you create a beat with Push, and lay a bassline or whatever...
You have your Macbook away, or lid closed (like in Denis' demos), and you want to add a percussion loop for the sake of syncopation :D
You open your lid, mouse around ... you get the idea.

I bought an MPC Ren eventually, because I've already sold the Maschine MK2 to a friend. The Ren definitely has more power, but ... at the moment has lots of bugs and the screen is laggy. Hope they fix it with the next update this month.