NI Komplete 8

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beats me

Re: NI Komplete 8

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:24 pm

J0n35y wrote:
UltimateOutsider wrote:
J0n35y wrote:On sale now per an email I jsut got.
Yep, the Komplete-9-in-April rumors are seeming more credible at this point.

"Offer runs until March 26, 2013, and only while stocks last!"
Im just raging it excludes crossgrade offers! So right now, it is more expensive for me to get Komplete than it was yesterday (crossgrade has been removed)

And no upgrade discount either.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:33 pm

beats me wrote: And no upgrade discount either.
The lack of upgrade discounts and the lack of upgrade boxes in the stores all point to a new version soon.
Probably as soon as the sale is done, with a decent discount to people who bought in Feb, March.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
beats me wrote: And no upgrade discount either.
The lack of upgrade discounts and the lack of upgrade boxes in the stores all point to a new version soon.
Probably as soon as the sale is done, with a decent discount to people who bought in Feb, March.
I agree and I'll probably get excited about what 9 comes with based on tonnage for about 10 minutes.

sounddevisor

Post by sounddevisor » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:55 pm

Just got an email from Native Instruments today with a pretty good deal on Komplete 8 - I think they're offering it for $700 (US) vs. $1099 regular retail.

So that also indicates, to me, that they are trying to reduce inventory prior to a new version release.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:35 pm

One thing I dont like about Native Instruments is everything they made in the last few years is Kontakt or Reacktor based.
The last actual real synth they made was Massive. I dont see why they cant release sample library's like Abbey Road Drums as a stand alone product rather than having it load into Kontakt, Its kind of a pain in the ass loading library's, keeping track of library locations ,saving presets and keeping everything up to date in Kontatk.
Reactor is the same way, if I want to use razor I have to load Reaktor, load razor and then guess at what button does what within Reactor.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

UltimateOutsider

Post by UltimateOutsider » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:48 pm

nathannn wrote:One thing I dont like about Native Instruments is everything they made in the last few years is Kontakt or Reacktor based.
The last actual real synth they made was Massive. I dont see why they cant release sample library's like Abbey Road Drums as a stand alone product rather than having it load into Kontakt, Its kind of a pain in the ass loading library's, keeping track of library locations ,saving presets and keeping everything up to date in Kontatk.
Reactor is the same way, if I want to use razor I have to load Reaktor, load razor and then guess at what button does what within Reactor.
It was getting to be that way with their effects as well (with Guitar Rig) but they've thankfully released the past few effects as standalone.

murgatroid

Post by murgatroid » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:24 am

I'm on K6. 9 will be a worthwhile upgrade for me finally.

I've been gassing to buy some other synth but all the stuff I check out seems to be the same as what I could get out of any one of the Komplete synths. :idk:

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:29 am

UltimateOutsider wrote:
nathannn wrote:One thing I dont like about Native Instruments is everything they made in the last few years is Kontakt or Reacktor based.
It was getting to be that way with their effects as well (with Guitar Rig) but they've thankfully released the past few effects as standalone.
I liked GR as fx host, it's got the works when it comes to modulation.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:56 am

murgatroid wrote:I'm on K6. 9 will be a worthwhile upgrade for me finally.

I've been gassing to buy some other synth but all the stuff I check out seems to be the same as what I could get out of any one of the Komplete synths. :idk:
Off the top of my head, instruments:

U He - Diva
Izotope - Iris
Ohm Force - Symptohm

others-
FXpansion - Synth Squad
Sylynth 1,
Disco DSP - Discovery
Arturia - Moog Modular, Jupiter 8 etc.

The main missing pieces in Komplete are full featured granular synths, (Reaktor offers fun ensembles but nothing like Symtohm, Granite etc.), and analog modeling synths like Synth Squad Moog Modular and Diva. You get some decent samples of analog synths in Kontakt, but no VA synth like the above mentioned.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:25 am

Machinesworking wrote:
murgatroid wrote:I'm on K6. 9 will be a worthwhile upgrade for me finally.

Off the top of my head, instruments:

U He - Diva
Izotope - Iris
Ohm Force - Symptohm

others-
FXpansion - Synth Squad
Sylynth 1,
Disco DSP - Discovery
Arturia - Moog Modular, Jupiter 8 etc.

The main missing pieces in Komplete are full featured granular synths, (Reaktor offers fun ensembles but nothing like Symtohm, Granite etc.), and analog modeling synths like Synth Squad Moog Modular and Diva. You get some decent samples of analog synths in Kontakt, but no VA synth like the above mentioned.
:lol:

Really? Really. Really?

Komplete is not complete!!

Although extremely niche, I feel a movie featuring the zombies of the 70's and 80's keyboard players coming to cut our throats would be highly justified.

:lol: :wink:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:24 am

beats me wrote: Really? Really. Really?

Komplete is not complete!!
Well to be fair it's far more complete than Suite.
Not to knock our forum overlords. 8O

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:58 am

Haha, received it this morning, came without a HD, 12 DVDs instead...it's gonna be a loooong day.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

UltimateOutsider

Post by UltimateOutsider » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:23 pm

chapelier fou wrote:Haha, received it this morning, came without a HD, 12 DVDs instead...it's gonna be a loooong day.
Yeah, it's only Ultimate that comes on an HD.

Still takes forever to install...

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Not forever. Just 8 hours.

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Seems to be worth it... Kontakt is astonishing.