A few questions for Live 9 beta users

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
SpeedKing

Re: A few questions for Live 9 beta users

Post by SpeedKing » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:35 pm

oddstep wrote: EQ8, its got this really good solo mode where can just hear the bit of the audio affected by the eq - really handy for cuts and notchs - where you know there is some audio gak you want to discard; now you can just scroll through the spectrum until you hear the bit you want to lose.
I forgot about this. I really like this as well.

subsynth

Post by subsynth » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:36 pm

Consolidate time to a new scene is a game changer for me.

Prepping stuff from Arrangement for session view into clips just got a LOT easier.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:47 pm

The new recording and auto-loop in session view that oddstep mentioned was really nice, I wasn't expecting that. Audio to MIDI is cool, does apretty good if not always perfect job. I was impressed with how close it got on complex stuff, but it's really not something I need. Session view recording of automation was fun for about 30 seconds for me, again, just not the way I normally work.

As everyone else said, the new EQ and compressor enhancements are very nice indeed, Live has one of my favorite built in EQs now.