FX On/Off by a Midi button

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
teejay

FX On/Off by a Midi button

Post by teejay » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:33 am

Is this possible?

I wanna assign my buttons on the Evolution 425c to On/Off the FX in any particular channel. What i'm able to do is only switch on or off thats it. Meaning if i switch the FX off, i cant switch it back on with the same button. I want to be able to toggle on/off with the same button.

ANy help?

Rahlo

Re: FX On/Off by a Midi button

Post by Rahlo » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:22 am

teejay wrote:Is this possible?

I wanna assign my buttons on the Evolution 425c to On/Off the FX in any particular channel. What i'm able to do is only switch on or off thats it. Meaning if i switch the FX off, i cant switch it back on with the same button. I want to be able to toggle on/off with the same button.

ANy help?
Check again dude. I'm not sure about evolution controllers, but I use an oxygen 8 on stage and I've mapped fx on/off to a key on the oxygen 8, and it works fine. If you press command-M on the mac (not sure what the keystroke is for pc) you'll notice that the little round on/off switch in the upper left corner of your fx are one of the things highlighted. Just map an unused key or button to that switch, and you should be able toggle it on and off.
peace,

rahlo
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rahlo.com

MacBook Pro, Live 8, Reason 4, Akai MPD 32, Akai MPK 49, Akai APC 40, Metric Halo ULN-2 expanded, Apogee Duet.

teejay

Post by teejay » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:39 am

I can only go off when using the assignable buttons, cant toggle on/off.

But this is possible if i assign it to one of the keys. Cant understand why this is not possible with the buttons.

Any other suggestions?

tokyojoe69

Post by tokyojoe69 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:06 am

TeeJay

If it makes you feel any better I'm experiencing the same. Want to use the midi buttons under the faders on my Ozonic to toggle the pre-listen on each channel, but the same thing happens. I've assigned keys on my comp keyboard for the time being, but if anybody can come up with an answer it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Emil

plonkman

Post by plonkman » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:24 am

i would imagine (i don`t have that controller) that it may be something to do with how the button is set up, is there a toggle mode for the button?
"Knickers!" - Syd James 1913 - 1976

Rahlo

Post by Rahlo » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:52 pm

tokyojoe69 wrote:TeeJay

If it makes you feel any better I'm experiencing the same. Want to use the midi buttons under the faders on my Ozonic to toggle the pre-listen on each channel, but the same thing happens. I've assigned keys on my comp keyboard for the time being, but if anybody can come up with an answer it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Emil
Weird. I've assigned a button on my Ozonic to toggle the on/off button on supa trigga and it works fine. Maybe there's a setting somewhere for the buttons that I'm not aware of. I'll check.
peace,

rahlo
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rahlo.com

MacBook Pro, Live 8, Reason 4, Akai MPD 32, Akai MPK 49, Akai APC 40, Metric Halo ULN-2 expanded, Apogee Duet.

teejay

Post by teejay » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:58 pm

Yeah seems pretty weird. It works for the keys but not the buttons... wonder if anyone from support can help.

teejay

Post by teejay » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:58 pm

Still looking for a resolution....

katha

Post by katha » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:19 am

hi,

sorry, just discovered now: we already solved this problem last year, here: "UC-33e - launching clips - why click twice?"
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ight=katha

:)

katha
Ableton Live 4, Acer Travelmate 800 Notebook, Centrino 1,4 GHz Prozessor, 512 MB Ram, Doepfer Pocket Dial Midi Controller, stripped down WinXP, Terratec Producer Phase 26 USB, fast (7200 rpm) internal hard drive (Hitachi).