All times are UTC

Post subject: Workflow ideas for mass Sampler editing?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:00 am 

Hey there. Trying out a new workflow (again... it never ceases!) as far as sound design is concerned. I want to make instruments that respond to velocity in a very dynamic and customized way (i.e. not just putting volume velocity on 100% for a single sampler). Right now I have 127 samplers in an instrument rack in a drum rack cell. each Sampler is set to respond to it's own little velocity (127 samplers, 127 velocities ya dig?). Right now I'm dialing in the volumes and any other velocity changes I want individually. It's quite painstaking and tedious. I'm curious if anyone has any ideas for a more streamlined way of creating such customized instruments? I'm sort of thinking of just using one Sampler and drawing in the parameter automation across a clip containing 127 notes, and then recording the resulting 127 notes and putting them in a new instrument rack of 127 samplers, each containing their own, new sample. I'd rather not do that however because I'd like to keep the original sample and have the devices parameters be changing, not the sample itself.

Ideas super appreciated!! :D

Post subject: Re: Workflow ideas for mass Sampler editing?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:06 pm 

I'm not sure I'm getting what you're trying to accomplish, so if I misunderstand, sorry.

You do know that you can map multiple samples to different velocity ranges within a single sampler, right? Racking up 127 instances of Sampler in a Drum Rack sounds like unnecessary effort to me - what are you gaining by doing that?

Why not put all 127 samples into a single Sampler? Then, in the zone tab, you can right-click and distribute them across the velocity range - with 127 samples you should end up with one sample mapped to each value for velocity.

Am I missing something?

http://soundcloud.com/sounddevisor

Post subject: Re: Workflow ideas for mass Sampler editing?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:50 pm 

No, your'e correct. That's how I'm doing it now, working pretty well. It's just I wish I could have 127 samplers with parameter changes to accomplish the velocity scaling, as opposed to 127 samples of the different hits. I mean I still could but it seems to be unnecessary work. I'm doing it the way you described right now.