All times are UTC

Post subject: Track selection (focusing) with the Launchpad?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:02 am 

Hi guys

I'm oscillating at the moment between the Launchpad and the APC20, and one thing I see the Launchpad doesn't have is the ability to select (focus) a certain track. With the APC20 this can be done be using the SHIFT + any of the 9 buttons in the navigation/track selection section.
Of course you could MIDI map the pads in one of the USER section of the Launchpad to the tracks but this method has two drawbacks: 1. you have to do the midi mapping every time you start another project (or use templates) and 2. if you delete some tracks and then create other tracks, the new tracks have to be midi mapped again.

So I'm wondering if there's a method for accomplish this task using the Live's remote scripts, or something like that.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Track selection (focusing) with the Launchpad?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:13 am 

If you're looking at the launchpad, definitely check out the LPC template by nativeKONTROL. It will let you focus tracks, control devices, and much much more. http://www.nativekontrol.com/LPC-Live.html

But you can definitely write your own script to do a track selection if you don't want to invest in LPC. Launchpad does not have it as an intrinsic feature.

Post subject: Re: Track selection (focusing) with the Launchpad?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:15 pm 

infernal.machine wrote:
If you're looking at the launchpad, definitely check out the LPC template by nativeKONTROL. It will let you focus tracks, control devices, and much much more. http://www.nativekontrol.com/LPC-Live.html

Thank you. I checked it but I found it to be quite expensive, and also it has a lot of features I don't really need.
Actually, all I need is to:
- select tracks
- turn the metronome on and off
- turn the overdub on and off
- delete clips
infernal.machine wrote:
But you can definitely write your own script to do a track selection if you don't want to invest in LPC.

Can you recommend a tutorial about this. I modified the user remote scripts in the past, but I suppose you can't get the functions I listed above, only by modifying the user remote scripts.