monomeemu and 7up

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
drumboy02

monomeemu and 7up

Post by drumboy02 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:35 pm

I need some help setting this up. I really can't explain what is not working, but basically I can't get 7up to connect to my launchpad. I took some screenshots of the max window, can anybody help?

bassik

Re: monomeemu and 7up

Post by bassik » Thu May 03, 2012 11:45 am

which core of seven up (and version of it) are you using?

If using with monomeemu you need the sevenup classic core to use...

Cheers

drumboy02

Post by drumboy02 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:58 pm

hi bassik, thanks for the reply. I am using version 2.0.5 of 7up. You'll have to forgive me because I am a total noob with m4l & osc and a lot of this stuff is over my head; I think it has something to do with either serialosc or bonjour software. Nothing shows up in bonjour, and I looked in the....user/appdata/local/monome/serialosc folder where I guess it's supposed to tell you what port your "monome" is on or the ip address or something but it's empty. I have changed my firewall settings to allow permissions for max, live, and bonjour. I am almost positive that I have installed all of the necessary components; The zeroconf files are placed in the max external folder, placed a file from 7up download in the max java/lib folder, and I have downloaded and installed serial osc and bonjour. Initially nothing showed up at all in bonjour until I read the documentation that came with it and I changed the firewall settings for bonjour and made sure udb port 5353 was open and my wireless printer showed up.....if that's any indication that bonjour is working. I opened up task manager and the serialosc service is running, but is there any way to tell if it's actually working? Can you explain what max is trying to tell me with the "oscbonjour: No such object"? Sorry for all the questions, the monomeemu device is one of the main reasons I decided to get m4l so I am not quite ready to give up on getting it to work. Thanks in advance!

drumboy02

Post by drumboy02 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:42 am

I think I'm starting to make progress. I used 7up core classic, configured the ports, osc prefix and osc host address manually and now I got my launchpad to light with the "7" and when I start lives sequencer the lights scroll down my launchpad. Is this an indication that I have set up the devices properly? I followed the directions from this website http://www.makingthenoise.com/sevenup/ to use the stepper device. I placed the drum rack in a second track, put the 7up stepper before it, started the sequencer and pressed some buttons on the launchpad grid but they don't appear to be triggering the drum samples in the drum rack. Any help?

drumboy02

Post by drumboy02 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:21 am

ok update. I rebooted live and it appears to be working properly now. What a pain in the ass to set up but totally worth the effort!

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Fri May 04, 2012 8:45 am

have you tried monomodular from aumm.ha?
makes all this stuff much easier

drumboy02

Post by drumboy02 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:45 pm

have you tried monomodular from aumm.ha?
No I have not, but now that I have gotten this working should i?

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Fri May 04, 2012 9:19 pm

i`ve struggled with monomeemu for a year or so. most of the time it was working then sometimes not.
since i`m using monomodular everything is working without exception and monomod can do much more stuff.
all the monomepatches are running perfect and aumm.ha has written his own versions for many of them + a few more really nice patches
ALL FOR FREE!!!
i wouldn`t think one second more about it.
just try it and enjoy :-)

mrk

Post by mrk » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:55 pm

I had some troubels to get 7up running with monomeemu in win7. I got the error message oscbonjour no such object.

Somehow in all the setup instructions this was never mentioned, one needs to put the oscbonjour.mxe file to YourProgramFolder\Cycling '74\Max 5.0\Cycling '74\max-externals (this is also where the zeroconfig stuff goes).

Otherwise just make sure you follow these instructions carefully: http://www.makingthenoise.com/sevenup/ and you should get monomeemu and 7up running in no time!

Cheers