All times are UTC

Post subject: default midi mode & arm on focus
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:22 am 

Hi there,

I'm a fresh owner of Live 9 Suite and have two issues that can be worked around, but surely there's a more streamlined solution?

I have Arturia MiniLab controller which I use as a generic MIDI controller (I want it that way, to be fully customisable), but there are two annoyances that I found:
1) In order to play instrument in currently selected track using the MIDI keyboard the track needs to be armed and this has to be done manually - is there any way I could have Live auto-arming the track that I currently work on?
2) When I assign one of Minilab's 16 encoders to some parameter it is always recognised as "Absolute", while in fact it works as intended when I change it in MIDI Mapping to "Bin Offset" - again, I need to do it manually each time I assign an encoder, but maybe there's some way to set "Bin Offset" as a default option?

Sorry if those were answered before, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance for you help!

Kind regards,
Artur

Post subject: Re: default midi mode & arm on focus
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:35 am 

After some more googling I've found the answer to #1:
https://www.ableton.com/answers/auto-ar ... ted-tracks

Any ideas for #2?

Post subject: Re: default midi mode & arm on focus
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:23 am 

Anyone? I can't believe this is an isolated problem or that everyone use template scripts or write their own.

Maybe there's a line I can put into "options.txt" that can do it, but I'm unable to find any reference for the option available to be put there - Ableton's help page (https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... e-for-Live) gives only few examples, but there's no "-EnableArmOnSelection" which obviously works so the list is not exhaustive.