Maschine Sounds without Maschine?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live

ollyb303
Posts: 2666
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:49 pm
Location: Bristol, UK
Contact:

Re: Maschine Sounds without Maschine?

Post by ollyb303 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:57 am

444pio wrote:well guys, you are right.
I have no intention on wasting NI time by returning after I got the software.
It is not right and all the comments have convinced me NOT to do it.
Thanks so much...
I will continue to use my first instinct, which is creaitng my own sounds from existing library.
Peace!

Good man :)
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

d.reamonn
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Maschine Sounds without Maschine?

Post by d.reamonn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:58 am

444pio wrote:well guys, you are right.
I have no intention on wasting NI time by returning after I got the software.
It is not right and all the comments have convinced me NOT to do it.
Thanks so much...
I will continue to use my first instinct, which is creaitng my own sounds from existing library.
Peace!
Pussy.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

reeloy
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm
Location: berlin

Re: Maschine Sounds without Maschine?

Post by reeloy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:03 am

....daddy.......is ......proud.....of you.......!

lesson three......it's the content, not the sound...

finding the right kik sucks.....don't bother....just pick one and tweak it 'til it's right...
most times one sound is made out of two.....

and be aware of the fact that with abletons on board sounds you can do already ANYTHING.....
no need for venegance and ni....it's all there....

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: Maschine Sounds without Maschine?

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:18 am

Being a Maschine owner I would say that it is not so much about sample quality (which is quite good!) but about having them already categorized in a very good browser with customizable tags which you can load and change and totally destroy if you want to without ever touching the mouse or even look at the monitor.

Totally worth the money (at least the 400€ !!! I got it for at the last sale).
If you just care for 6 gig worth of samples, I agree that Vengance samples are a much better proposition (Or other sample packs that are at least as good if not better but get rarely mentioned: e.g PlastikLicks!)

As for not liking preset "whores": Creativity starts for everyone on a different level. Some make every sound themselves, some even build their own instruments. Fuck some even reinvent the whole musical base system (Schönberg). In a way we are all preset "whores"

I think a quote from Newton might apply here: "If I was able to look further, it was only because I was standing on the shoulder of giants"

So I suggest you take a step back from your self righteous indignation.

And I also don't understand whats the problem with using drum samples (which is what most of the Maschine library is).
Whats the point of reinventing the kick every time anew?!

The Carpet Cleaner
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:21 pm
Location: Paris

Re: Maschine Sounds without Maschine?

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:16 pm

reeloy wrote:....daddy.......is ......proud.....of you.......!

lesson three......it's the content, not the sound...

finding the right kik sucks.....don't bother....just pick one and tweak it 'til it's right...
most times one sound is made out of two.....

and be aware of the fact that with abletons on board sounds you can do already ANYTHING.....
no need for venegance and ni....it's all there....
I disagree. Finding the right kick is the key element of the production.
A good kick and you can basically play the track for 3 minutes.

humnumb
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:27 pm

Re: Maschine Sounds without Maschine?

Post by humnumb » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:33 pm

TomViolenz wrote:Being a Maschine owner I would say that it is not so much about sample quality (which is quite good!) but about having them already categorized in a very good browser with customizable tags which you can load and change and totally destroy if you want to without ever touching the mouse or even look at the monitor.
^ This.

/thread

Post Reply