Autechre Exai

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FORMAT

Re: Autechre Exai

Post by FORMAT » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:05 pm

mholloway wrote:hmm, previewing it, it sounds A LOT like the last album, Oversteps. And while I liked Oversteps a lot, I was sort of hoping for a newer sound on this...

will buy it though and check it out completely.
I find it very different from Oversteps, in terms of the percentage of beat-orientated pieces. It's great on headphones!

synnack

Post by synnack » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:20 pm

other than the first tracks i find it very different. I don't recall so much slow sex jam beats on prior releases. there's somewhat of a groove even.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

pid

Post by pid » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:28 pm

i feel a bit silly commenting on music on the ableton forum, but... at first i agreed with mr synnack on this issue with first few tracks. but, i listened 3 times now right through, and i think this whole damn thing might be the best damn new music i heard in years. it is like a summary of history let alone their back catalogue, and not in a sentimental or aging rocker way either. this stuff is also fresh and fantastic. it blows all that naval gazing electronica out the water. i am pathetically hooked, and was never a fanboy either. right on mr and mr autechre, good job. and 24bit wav downloads with yer purchase is definitely the way to go.
3dot... wrote: in short.. we live in disappointing times..

synnack

Post by synnack » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:09 pm

pid wrote:i feel a bit silly commenting on music on the ableton forum, but... at first i agreed with mr synnack on this issue with first few tracks. but, i listened 3 times now right through, and i think this whole damn thing might be the best damn new music i heard in years. it is like a summary of history let alone their back catalogue, and not in a sentimental or aging rocker way either. this stuff is also fresh and fantastic. it blows all that naval gazing electronica out the water. i am pathetically hooked, and was never a fanboy either. right on mr and mr autechre, good job. and 24bit wav downloads with yer purchase is definitely the way to go.
Not doubt it's off topic and probably better for "The Lounge" but over the years every Autechre release was discussed on "General" and I'm old school. :-)

It's funny how their releases work. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a new one and though meh then later decided how great it actually is.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

dazzer

Post by dazzer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:44 pm

Can't wait, just beginning the long download now - 24 bit for same price as normal Wav, very nice.

8O

Post by 8O » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:36 am

Pretty good review here: http://www.factmag.com/2013/02/18/autec ... ct-review/

Think have to buy it... :)