Maschine software only? Or alternatives?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
shauns303

Maschine software only? Or alternatives?

Post by shauns303 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi all,

Iv'e been using maschine in Ableton for a while now and love the vst where you can drag and drop in to Ableton clips. Amazing feature.
I dont really like the hardware and haven't used it for a while. So I am in the middle of selling it.

The question: I really want to keep the software, but no one will want to buy it without the guaranty of working software. So, I am either seeking an alternative to maschine that will work in Ableton with the drag and drop and the very large library of sounds maschine has? Or if anyone has come across a maschine software only torrent out there I could use and then unregister mine and sell it?

I have heard the software can be installed up to 3 times under one licence so I am sort trusting that to be my selling point but its a bit shy of guarantying it will work. Not sure what to do... :?

Any thoughts?

TomViolenz

Re: Maschine software only? Or alternatives?

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:56 pm

shauns303 wrote:I dont really like the hardware and haven't used it for a while. So I am in the middle of selling it.
Strange, but to each their own I guess...
Or if anyone has come across a maschine software only torrent out there I could use and then unregister mine and sell it?
:evil: You got to be kidding! Right?!

I have heard the software can be installed up to 3 times under one licence so I am sort trusting that to be my selling point but its a bit shy of guarantying it will work. Not sure what to do... :?
I don't get it. You are asking us if we can help you steal the software, but care about how many times it is legal to install it? Weird!

BTW. Whats with all the people all the sudden wanting to steal Maschine software/samples?
Did I miss a trend or something? 8O

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:34 pm

A lot of drum plugs have drag and drop MIDI pattern implemented. But as an alternative to Maschine I’d recommend Geist.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Sell Maschine and buy Geist!

You can sell Maschine and deactivate the licence but continue to use the software. You just wont be able to update it or get support. You'll forever be stuck with 1.8xxx
Ableton | Elektron

Music

1.A.M.

Post by 1.A.M. » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Sell Maschine and buy Arturia Spark LE (coming soon), Half the money, :wink: double the fun...

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:37 pm

shauns303 wrote:Or if anyone has come across a maschine software only torrent out there I could use and then unregister mine and sell it?
:lol:

What a piece of shit.

shauns303

Post by shauns303 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:40 pm

Wow... chill out. Not asking to steal anything. Was just after an alternative to maschine which some have replied to. Thanks for the Geist suggestion. Looks interesting.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Or, if you want to not make as much $ on selling the hardware, you can sell it with just the Controller Editor. It doesn't need I be registered when installed, but only really lets you use it as a midi controller.

And you can leave it up to whoever buys it to debate their morals when it comes to acquiring a torrent haha

I think you can still get away with selling it for a competitive price. You'll have the edge since you'll sell it for a little less, but still be selling a potentially very functional product (try to overcharge a little to make people wonder why they'd want it in the first place :P)

One question, mki or mkii?

patrick.olson86

Post by patrick.olson86 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:41 pm

Just learn how to use the Maschine hardware, it's a great piece of gear. The pads are awesome (compared to any Akai MPK) and they light up orange! You can also control Live with it. Give it another chance..

kevwestbeats

Post by kevwestbeats » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:31 am

This place seriously needs a report posts button
http://www.KevWestBeats.com
http://www.YouTube.com/DjKevWest
http://www.Facebook.com/KevWestbeats
http://www.Twitter.com/KevWestBeats

Live 9, Komplete 9, Maschine MK2, IK Total Studio, XLN Audio Addictive Keys and Addictive Drums, All of FXpansion's fx.