All times are UTC

Post subject: Performance with Live 9, Launchpad and Korg MicroKontrol
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:33 pm 

I have been producing now some years with Ableton and am in the situation where I need to learn performing a set with Live. My project includes me and a vocalist. I have been jamming a bit free flow with Live having connected several keyboards, one one for bass, one for keys, one for pads and one for lead, the beats I have programmed with the mouse. My first question is: is there an easy way to use one keyboard to play several sounds changing the sound it is controlling on the fly, maybe using MicroKontrol pads or laptop keyboard to select the channel to connect?

Then my second question is about whole live set, seems I should export the elements of my tracks into wavs and then build a live set containing all the songs I am about to perform and also create channels for the instruments I am going to play (VST, Live Devices, audio clips/tracks). I guess grouping these is simple math, the practice shows what is the right solution and then there is also a question whether live vocals should be connected to Live (the thought horrifies me a bit, i prefer running straight into mixer with effects, at least my version 9.1 does not seem to be stable enough, nevertheless it is getting more stable all the time). Does this plan sound solid?

The third question is about the Novation Launchpad, I have the Launchpad95 script installed for it. Which functionality including clip launching is wise to perform with it? I am a very novice with Launchpad95 script, I have trouble memorizing its functionality, but am sure I will learn by training. If I can get by a laptop, audio interface, Launchpad and MicroKontrol, I should be able to carry them around, the MicroKontrol is full of functionality so I guess it is wise to utilize it in its fullest capacity.

I am very thankful for all the wisdom that is shed on me on this, I find performance rather demanding and have high hopes for that, I prefer a more performance-oriented way to pure DJing/playing finalized backing tracks.

Post subject: Re: Performance with Live 9, Launchpad and Korg MicroKontrol
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:59 pm 

Hope this helps. When I was trying to figure out how to play live, I watched a ton of YouTube videos:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... re=mh_lolz

Here's the playlist I used to research how different artists to do it.

Peace.

www.soundcloud.com/fauves