Just a querie on some annoying bugs in 8,64bit beta

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jace_(nz)

Just a querie on some annoying bugs in 8,64bit beta

Post by jace_(nz) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Hi,
I am testing out the latest beta 64bit version of live 8, and where as i know live 9 is due, i just need a little confirmation if possible,Or even a hint that these are/where known bugs but they have ben adressed in live9.

1)Iam Finding it near on impossible to accuratley zoom in using the horizontal dragging, instead of locking to the zoom point, its shooting off in all direction,after only very brief time, my hand ends up so sore, trying to zoom in and out consistantly as one does/has too. at present really impossible to use live, it can be okay on times, but more often than not Zooming just goes balistic so to speak,Just bare in mind it is not a faulty mouse, all is fine with everything else and other tested Daw's.

2)Virtually all third party VSTi and more often than not even operator etc,and then simpler and sampler with short tailed samples just to get this in prospective,even single one shot sample are not ending/note off, they just sustain on forever with the exseption of one shot drums, so you can imagine when i have say six or more vst how impossible it is to do any mixing and fx mixing when i have to keep automating on/off bypass.

So just really looking for confirmation from others, and hopeing if so this has been adressed in live 9,For me ableton has been quite a solid programme on the whole, i had this note off issue on a few 3rd part vsti in version 7,i gave up sonar x2 becuase it was totally unusable bugwise all the time, so this is the last thing i need,now i have just got back with live after i sold it back in about august 2012 fed up of waiting on 9, i really need some confirmation,So i can contact ableton to ask about this, i cant get stuck with a broken live 9,should have got cubase if this is the case.

Thanks for your time.

jace_(nz)

Re: Just a querie on some annoying bugs in 8,64bit beta

Post by jace_(nz) » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:45 am

Bump!

Anybody.

jace_(nz)

Post by jace_(nz) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Bumping again, just need confirmation of any others experiencing this so i know iam not alone,I am dreading live 9 may be broken for me if this live 8 64bit beta is anything to go by,My dreams are feeling shattered at the mo,But If these issues are commen to the latest beta/64 then at least i know ableton may be adressing this, or is the fact that you all want live 9 right now, hence no one else replying you are all prepared to risk major bugs for an early release, sorry to disapoint but i have encountered more bugs than ever before, ableton has gone from hero to sonar 6 too x2 zero, i can but pray if i was a praying man, some one anyone info/confirmation on these issues please. :( :)

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:31 pm

There is a lot of focus on live 9 64 bit and m4l 64 bit.

I might be tempted if I were you to either hold your nerve and wait for live 9 64 bit (which I think will be released with live 9 32 (I think)).

Or go back to Live 8 32 if it's killing you and then go Live 9 64 in late Spring or whenever it's released.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:39 pm

Try ask in the Beta forum for 64bit. Might have better luck.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:45 pm

You can't post unless you are in the beta program for l 9 - which I guess is hard closed now...

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:43 pm

:?:
viewforum.php?f=46

You can't post in the 8.4.xx beta forum? That is completely different than for live 9.

jace_(nz)

Post by jace_(nz) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:31 pm

Okay thanks for the reply, i was hoping others had encountered this.
I did post in the current open live 8 64beta forum page, but its quite void of life,obviously down to 9 being around the corner, i Guess i will have to hope and wait, again thanks for the reply.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:57 am

Well even though it's clogging up the "Music & Audio Production" thread I can say that I have not had ANY of the issues you have described.

SPECS:
Windows 7 Home 64bit
6GB RAM
i7 2.6Ghz overclocked to 3.6Ghz
Ableton Live 8 64bit (latest beta)

1) never had this issue and I use Mouse zoom, Mackie Zoom and custom mouse buttons to do zoom. All work fine. I am using a Kensington trackball mouse (great to stop RSI in your hands, don't want arthritis or "claw hand" from too much mousing around.

2) All VSTs and instruments I have used in the 32bit version of Live have behaved the same in the 64bit version of live. All songs that I created in the 32bit play the same in the 64bit.

What are the list of plugins you are having issues with? If you were also having the same issues in Live 7 then possibly it is either a PC or OS caused issue. Maybe Live but I am sure there would be reports of the same with the same plugins if it was and when one of the issues affects the native Operator you must know it wouldn't specifically be Live.

jace_(nz)

Post by jace_(nz) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:22 pm

It happened a few times in live 7, but infrequent.
live 8 32bit maybe the odd time but very rare.
Live 8 64bit, almost all synths do it, almost all ableton plugin instruments and sampler/simpler which is odd!
But as you can guess its impossible to work on any breaks with all these notes together sustaining/carring on
and too akward to bypass with automation or volume with complex arrangments and routing.

My third party vsti (and all purchased i may add including ableton live i have just got back with after selling out about 5-6 months back maybe).

Elextrax/suarus/rayblaster
Dimension pro & Rapture
Operator/analog/simpler/sampler not sure about collision and tension and electric not yet tested them.

But these synths do not do it everytime although alot and as of this song almost all, now and again the odd one is okay, their is no reason as its even on sounds with no long decaying parameter, short one shot samples in simpler/sampler but drum one shots are okay, seems that once they get a certain length or are a certain sound freq wise they sustain/carry on, no note off.

My question now is, why & what on earth would cause this in my PC as it has just been metioned,can you explain or justify why or where this information has been gotten from, is their past evidence to bring this info into the equation,what have you based this on, where is this information from ? thanks, so i can go on and rule this out or fix it.

Windows 7 x64
sandybridge i7 2600k 3.40Ghz-3.70Ghz
8GB memory - all recently checked
M-audio fast track pro, upto date/motherboard HD sound driver disabled

Daws that do not have this problem i have encounterd
Reaper/sonar/Presonus S1v2/Reason and tested it on afew other demo's over the last couple of weeks.

And by the way! Users' Help Exchange - is closed, hence starting my thread here.