Live 9 Standard - Operator included!?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
re:dream

Re: Live 9 Standard - Operator included!?

Post by re:dream » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:17 am

yoda wrote:I have to agree. EVERYTHING LOOKS U G L Y !!!

The company web site IS THEIR WINDOW TO THE WORLD !! Its one of UGLIEST out there. What did they do?? Fired their graphic designer I guess.

Among other things, I AM a graphic designer. I've been one since the days before Inkjet printers. Looks aside, the web site is VERY DIFFICULT TO FIND ANYTHING !! I tried looking for the APC40 Manual. No link or any mention of APC anywhere.

NO LINK TO THE FORUM, whats with that OVERSIGHT when the website was designed??

I don't know about you, but when I'm looking to plunk down a chuck of change for a software, the first thing I research is how extensive is the FORUM. Its a good sign of how good the software is by looking at the amount of support from the community that use the software. Don't you think ??

The whole web site looks like a "HIGH SCHOOL PROJECT" from "Elementary Web Site Creation 101" !!!

The OLD Ableton web site was 100 times better.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm. I have no problem with either the look and feel of the box or the Ableton website. Neither do I experience them as issues of fundamental importance.

But I guess, while 9 remains a mere wisp of anticipation on an ever receding event horizon of perpetually postponed possibility, we are confined to discussing such matters.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:21 pm

agent314 wrote:I agree the lack of a forum link was a stupid choice
I think it was a brilliant stroke. Thins out the number of new forum members, which will eventually mean less whining when Live 9 is finally released. I for one will enjoy that.
Unsound Designer

Theo Void

Post by Theo Void » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:36 pm

funken wrote:
Theo Void wrote:Ok here's a really stupid question.

Since I already own Live 8 Suite and all the instruments and effects that come w/ it, do I need to worry about my version of Sampler or Operator or Corpus (or any of the others) not working in Live 9? Are these instruments going to be upgraded for Live 9 and therefore need to be bought again?
You can definitely use the ones you have now in Live 9, ie not Live Suite. Nooo worries.
Thanks man.
I'm sure I'll be getting Live 9 Suite anyway but I was just wondering.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:00 pm

Hey guys - Guitar Center have been using an erroneous version of the box shot. Live 9 Standard includes Simpler, Impulse, and 37 effects.

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:27 pm

Ableton_David wrote:Hey guys - Guitar Center have been using an erroneous version of the box shot. Live 9 Standard includes Simpler, Impulse, and 37 effects.
erroneous, or you changed your minds? :twisted:

davidterranova

Post by davidterranova » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:23 am

Theo Void wrote:
funken wrote:
Theo Void wrote:Ok here's a really stupid question.

Since I already own Live 8 Suite and all the instruments and effects that come w/ it, do I need to worry about my version of Sampler or Operator or Corpus (or any of the others) not working in Live 9? Are these instruments going to be upgraded for Live 9 and therefore need to be bought again?
You can definitely use the ones you have now in Live 9, ie not Live Suite. Nooo worries.
Thanks man.
I'm sure I'll be getting Live 9 Suite anyway but I was just wondering.
My Corpus has been disabled since I upgraded to 9.. Any ideas why?