Numerology + Live Users?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
continuous

Numerology + Live Users?

Post by continuous » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:51 am

Anyone using Numerology as a VST within Live?

I've been using the demo but had a few questions before I purchase...

Is the saving of sets reliable? Are the settings saved/recalled accurately? I will be using my Launchpad with Numerology running as a VST within Live but I want to be sure that all the variables on the Launchpad save consistently within the set.

Also, do regular users find Numerology to be stable with Live... any crashes etc?

Thanx!

PHY6

Re: Numerology + Live Users?

Post by PHY6 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:17 am

dunno about launchpad settings, but it's totally reliable in saving 'stacks'.
it has the best customer support, and v4 is on it's way...

Bagatell

Post by Bagatell » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:19 am

I haven't had it long, but have had no problems with it at all. I use it rewired though, rather than as a vst - more modulation options imo.

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:38 pm

i have had no issues saving n3 setups in live as a vst
it is the perfect companion to live
the launchpad works perfectly as well

continuous

Post by continuous » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:23 am

Thanks for the feedback!
PHY6 wrote:dunno about launchpad settings, but it's totally reliable in saving 'stacks'.
it has the best customer support, and v4 is on it's way...
^
The customer support does look great! And Jim's tutorials are killer!!! I'll be curious what he has in mind for V4.
Bagatell wrote:I haven't had it long, but have had no problems with it at all. I use it rewired though, rather than as a vst - more modulation options imo.
^
Yes, using it in rewire mode must provide more flexibility... I haven't even thought about the modulation aspects yet... got lost in hours of sequencing with the launchpad.
ambientidm wrote:i have had no issues saving n3 setups in live as a vst
it is the perfect companion to live
the launchpad works perfectly as well
^
Awesome. That's what I was hoping to hear. Novation's Launchpad M4L sequencer doesn't save its settings... kinda like what's the point then? Numerology does seem like a great companion to Live and I can see running it in Maschine as well. Can you control more than one instance of the VST in Live - switch back and forth between two instances? I probably wouldn't actually do that but I'm curious.

I'm gonna purchase the SE version tonight. The integration with the launchpad is everything I had hoped the sequencers in M4L would be - really tight and reliable with tons of control plus great documentation. It feels like the Launchpad and Numerology are one instrument, similar to Maschine and the way I imagine push/live will feel.

cheers

wjbuchanan

Post by wjbuchanan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:17 pm

I use it standalone, occasionally as a VST in Live .

No problems at all, rock solid, good timing in VST and standalone mode, and is very inspiring to use.

I am actually close to switching from Live to Numerology, as I ironically find it better for live performance.

Customer support is world class, filed a crash report not expecting anything back (like the Live system) but was shocked to get a email from Jim (the developer) looking for more detail.

The issue was with a particular VST crashing, which I have also seen in Live too.

N4 looks great too!

EDIT : sorry, didn't notice this thread was a few months old!