March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Timbeaux

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Timbeaux » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:00 pm

i think its a normal server crash problem on release as every "hot" software has. We just have to wait. everything will be fine.

[art]

Post by [art] » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:05 pm

i almost pre-orded two push's by accident >_<

lucky, think i'll wait till the morning now and hope theres still some units left by then

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:06 pm

Timbeaux wrote:i think its a normal server crash problem on release as every "hot" software has. We just have to wait. everything will be fine.
this happens to much but no learning curve for this type of failures/mistakes. i prayed that this won´t happen to live 9 release -.-

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:08 pm

Hmmm

Skipping out between lectures to buy Live 9 ut my browser keeps timing out on my shopping cart. Their servers must be running full tilt

I would love to know what the figures are on this launch ...

PorkNBeans

Post by PorkNBeans » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:08 pm

gadgetboy2000 wrote:
PorkNBeans wrote:Talk about bad luck... I paid, website down after submitting my payment, shows in my bank account I was charged website goes back up still shows items in my cart and after 5 attempts get into my account section to download what I paid for and not there but the items are still in my cart. Now i have to wait till they fix whatever website issues they're having because I can't even reach customer support because their phone support number I dialed tells me to call back later due to them being busy helping others, not even a hold option when calling so I have to juggle between refreshing the website so I can remove items from my cart so I don't get charged twice and dialing hoping to get someone at the support number.
Similar thing here. I've called my credit card company and they can see two transactions. Both are for the cost of live 9 upgrade but nothing taken for push.. When I go back to the site my cart still has both in it.. Looks like I'll be paying again in order to get the download to work. What a drag.
I can understand website quirks but to me what is unacceptable is not having a hold system on your support line, that's just cheap to me.

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:09 pm

Evengy wrote:
Timbeaux wrote:i think its a normal server crash problem on release as every "hot" software has. We just have to wait. everything will be fine.
this happens to much but no learning curve for this type of failures/mistakes. i prayed that this won´t happen to live 9 release -.-
Well, I managed to download the software and all the packs, just before it went Down again.

Now you are not able to activate the Product hehe. lol. :roll:

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:12 pm

Hmm, payment went through, no download link. As we say in South Africa, eish.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:21 pm

aaah...

nothing like getting your servers overloaded by the East Coast USA

justjohn_jj

Post by justjohn_jj » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:22 pm

Well, I've been able to add it to a cart, and I've seen the "Add a box" option, and it all looks okay as far as costing what I expected, even if/when sales tax is added.

I backed out of the transaction, since this is the wrong computer (and os), but I'm looking forward to getting home, placing the order and seeing which arrives first, all 54 gig over my less-than-stellar net connection or the box in the mail.
* Radio Free Entropy: http://just-john.com/jjMusic

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:15 pm

Exactly. When Diablo III hit the streets their servers were brought to a crawl/down due to the amount of users downloading/logging into the game. Same happened pretty much with Guild Wars 2 on its launch. Don't expect a small company like Ableton to be any different so stop complaining and give it time to settle down if you haven't gotten through yet. I was able to order it but I am at work so can't snag the download yet. But I'm going to head my own sage advice and wait a day or two before attempting to get it.

So as others have said, sit back, chill out, relax, have a drink/smoke a blunt/whatever your vice is and give it a little time. For gods sake you have a WEEK in order to get through, don't you think they're working as hard/fast as they can to resolve these issues and keep the influx of cash coming?

Mike
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.