March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sowhoso

Re: March the 5th!!!!!!!!!!

Post by sowhoso » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:32 pm

XSIMan wrote:Ableton we need 128 bit!
still not enuf headroom

we need 256 bit!

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:45 pm

I thought you meant for memory - yeah gotta have 256 bits for headroom.

This is really holding me back.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:00 pm

i WAS joking

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:11 pm

I'm not.

bastien

Post by bastien » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:50 pm

sowhoso wrote:
XSIMan wrote:Ableton we need 128 bit!
still not enuf headroom

we need 256 bit!
I'd prefer 96 bit because that would run better for my old computer though.

KrisM

Post by KrisM » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:41 pm

Well my apologies for doubting, but I got it direct from Ableton that I'd keep all my Suite instruments if I went to Standard 9. Still seems crazy to me, but it's staring to sink in.

All the same I plan to go to 9 Suite anyway :)
I don't 'produce.' I write music.

andy_cytomic

Post by andy_cytomic » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:20 am

djadonis206 wrote:Am I the only one who owned The Glue prior to it being incorporated into Live?

I got an email from the Glue folks we get an extra $30 off, so that helps.

If you own the glue, you should email them - ableton and the glue people (not sure the name of the company, cymptomatic or something like that)
There is currently nothing official announced on this subject, so please don't count on anything until there is! Cytomic is planning to email out to existing customers of The Glue modest discount vouchers for Live 9, and hopefully those plans will work out and an official announcement can be made. Thanks for your patience!

Andrew Simper
--
cytomic - sound music software
The Glue, The Drop, The Scream - https://www.cytomic.com

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:09 pm

So it launches for everyone on Germany's local 12am or the computer's local 12am? Do I have to download the sound library right away or can I do it later? Can I pick which sound libraries to use or is it an all or nothing affair?
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:26 pm

funken wrote: you might be able to download them individually as separate packs, which was how it was done in the beta.
any idea what happens to that content after the beta?

when the 400 consecutive downloads were pouring into my hard drive i was wondering if they would be available even after the beta had expired.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:52 pm

THIS FILE WILL SELF-DESTRUCT IN 5 SECONDS

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:41 pm

8O

now i know why i shouldn't have got an iMac... it would take 3 leprechauns to get the hard drive out so i could toss it out the window in the nick of time!

death is imminent :(

andy_cytomic

Post by andy_cytomic » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:13 am

djadonis206 wrote:Am I the only one who owned The Glue prior to it being incorporated into Live?

If you own the glue, you should email them - ableton and the glue people (not sure the name of the company, cymptomatic or something like that)
I just want to apologise for the confusion my email to djadonis206 caused, it was completely my fault. I sent out quite a few emails on this topic and managed to miss out completely in the one I sent to him that Cytomic would be supplying the discount vouchers not Ableton. I also wasn't clear enough in describing the actual amount, in my email to him I said "around USD 30", but the actual amount is still to be confirmed. It won't be long till I can make an official announcement about this, but please blame me for any confusion caused!

All the best,

Andrew Simper
The Glue, The Drop, The Scream - https://www.cytomic.com

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:17 am

It's cool in the gang 8)
Ableton | Elektron

Music

ekwipt

Post by ekwipt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:33 am

andy_cytomic wrote:

I just want to apologise for the confusion my email to djadonis206 caused, it was completely my fault. I sent out quite a few emails on this topic and managed to miss out completely in the one I sent to him that Cytomic would be supplying the discount vouchers not Ableton. I also wasn't clear enough in describing the actual amount, in my email to him I said "around USD 30", but the actual amount is still to be confirmed. It won't be long till I can make an official announcement about this, but please blame me for any confusion caused!

All the best,

Andrew Simper
Great thanks Cytomic!

Loving The Drop - not letting Ableton have this one as well?

Peevy

Post by Peevy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:11 am

andy_cytomic wrote:

All the best,

Andrew Simper
So Andy, is this still happening ? Would've been nice to get a wee bit extra off as a "The Glue" owner, especially as funds are pretty low at the minute. Plus the deadline is here :?
Image Image Image Image