How Can Remedy Saving Two Songs in One Project Folder?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Panax

How Can Remedy Saving Two Songs in One Project Folder?

Post by Panax » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:44 pm

I am going through the manual slowly and discovered, under no circumstances whatsoever should you ever save more than one song in a project folder. So immediately I frantically searched online to find the remedy but there was nothing.

I have been using for a month and I am recording songs and having a blast. I just didn't know this rule. I noticed in the project folder there is a sample folder. One sample folder and multiple Live Sets (not songs, I know). Anyway the manual said having more than one song in a project will cause Live major problems because files are all over the place and Live would be frustrated.

I will never make the mistake again. But can I fix this without deleting both songs? Or is it too late?

Thank You!

nennmichwieduwillst

Re: How Can Remedy Saving Two Songs in One Project Folder?

Post by nennmichwieduwillst » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:37 pm

In german manual its site 92, where you get all infos... in english(however manualess maybe another another site, but it should be cpatper 5.6... Here you get all explainened... Is this the best possibility? NOpe, it it is not.... but the abletones seems to like over-dozens of sub-sub-sub.... folders seems a good way instead just to prefix a file in /a track/datum-name in the european from last to fisrt...ergo for example 2021-01-17-08-56-... RESAMPLE 0001...XY, or same PRÄFIX (with other minute/hour/date....) Froozen-OOO1, or Consiladete...! And so on and so on! Dozens of unnessary folders, you will suffer on click-mania....
(espacially on Steve Jobs-Finder.... and its wide-window-way back to "next-level-folder".... I´m a mac-user! But not a religious-mac-man! In my opinion MOSTon mac is better... but a lot is much worse! Just this missing SHORTYS (and some other explorer/finder stuff...) to get one level higher.... and collapse the folders in this level... is 1000 times better in Windows than in OSX-finder, even the great path-finder... dosnt have a "dynamic sidebar" like the explorer)....
In finder/explorer competin wins MS! Also in some other "shortcuts" and definetlay in the possibilities to tweak/costumize your system, even in this FOR US small gui-tweak to implement a DYNAMIC Menu-bar.... on top...

And this metall-window-concept (switch over the mouse wiil midlle-button/MM drag-drop activat but CLICKS let in the last window.... thats absolutly confusing - EVEN fpr me POWER_USER!
.... Otherwise the mac In MOSTLY

is windows-explorer/windows-concept .... much more better than OSX... but its not SOOO much... but windows-user are not so religious/

And the NON-Possibilty to reduce grific-transparence-gimmicks in OSX since 10-13... is a big

It sounds like i would hate OSX OS 13. 14, 15.... nope, its the except this stuff, the best OS, i have ever had! BUT it would be really THANKFULLY, if you solve this problems. Even if it means: MS/Gates are in some small "questions" are better/righter than me!!!! Predator/alfa does not prepare i/him.... he is able to acknowledge that sometimes his most enemy is better than i self! That all can happen... i real predator/Alfa will lern from this and USE it and set a better devolo over this. Just MENTAL Kids like Steve Jobs/Bill Gates.... will cat like this KINDERGARTEN!
Ableton is a little bit like Steve Jobs.... hardliner....

Waht is the problem to give us your OWN REALLY shortcuts (nope, this key-midi) will not replace alt+u and lot of other stuff i want as short as as REALLLLLL shortcuts.... as direct as possible... I NEVER need "fetures" like synce with external, ableton-link.... thespeed-"scrubbber"... overdub.... Some other peoples do and love this.... So give us an option... for me, for example, i could need a small way to my headphons/"normal" output... without all this long-windowed... cmd+comma + tabrider + Xy....

Or i want "on the fly" hear my MINUS_delays with latency-compensation or without.... or i just want EDIT faster possibilitys to set a loop... Lot of your "geatures§extra buttons confuses me... i never need</use them...."Why can i not teplace shortys&buttons wizht features i need/use......
I often cange the audio-driver... wel, thats nit trivial for you... but why cannot at least SAVE as default(sound-templete my settings A/BC/D and a "special-click! ANYWHERE will just toogle between the sved staes (In-out. Ltency....= Or at leat open the dialog????
Why is thisELEMENTARY THING so wide-windowed?????

However, it sounds that i MAC/Ableton dislike... the opposite is the fall! Booth stuff is the best we have! But its so pitty to see, that the owners, i-dont-why-, NOT use the best solutions, even from the "konkurenz"... For me it "Sounds" that a lot of predators&Alfa-man... will show its "concurennt" i have EVER right... Thats soooo silly! If it would give a REAL "direct-democracy! for states/prducts, if WE could put togehter the best from MS(apple or bitwig/live..... all YOUR CONSTRAINT stuff would be enabled...seldom till never used! Believe it or not! in the so called bad capitalismen just the best idea willl survive... ther is no lobby, oligarchen.... puppets and puppet-masters. msm-media....... to bring stupid wosre ideas to to one!
Peace. Freedom. Truth!

Panax

Re: How Can Remedy Saving Two Songs in One Project Folder?

Post by Panax » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:14 am

SOLVED!

THERE WAS SOMETHING FROM THE PAST AND HERE IT IS!

If you've saved multiple sets into one project folder, here's how to separate them:

How to separate existing Live sets into unique project folders
Open the Live Set.
File → Save a Copy... [Select a neutral location, outside an existing Live Project; This will create a new Project folder].
File → Collect All and Save [Be sure to enable all options in the dialogue window that appears].
Open the next Live Set in the original Project folder, and repeat steps 2 and 3.
Once you are done, you can safely delete the original Project folder.

RELIEVED!

LESSON--ABLETON BEGINNERS NEED TO QUESTION EVERY COMMAND THEY MAKE ON THEIR OWN. According to Ableton: Saving multiple live sets in one project folder will cause major issues and slow down the program significantly. That can't be good.