Will ableton run on an AMD E series processor?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Trypset

Will ableton run on an AMD E series processor?

Post by Trypset » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:46 pm

I use Ms. Pinky VST to DJ.

I am wanting a dedicated (cheap) laptop that can handle just two tracks open in Ableton with pinky VST on them both.

Will the AMD E series processor handle this? With 4GB RAM?
TrypseT
Live 8 Full (not suite), ES-1 MKII, Microkorg, MPC 1000, 2 1200's, Ms. Pinky's, OSX, Edirol FA-101, and a crate 'o' wax

Trypset

Re: Will ableton run on an AMD E series processor?

Post by Trypset » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:56 pm

TrypseT
Live 8 Full (not suite), ES-1 MKII, Microkorg, MPC 1000, 2 1200's, Ms. Pinky's, OSX, Edirol FA-101, and a crate 'o' wax

Trypset

Post by Trypset » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:26 pm

anyone?
TrypseT

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:13 am

Never heard of the VST in question but the PC you have detailed looks "okish". I'm personally (and it is a personal thing) not a fan of AMD processors, especially for audio tasks. No concrete reason I just have had issues with something or another on AMD based machines over the years.

I dont know much about the AMD E series but something suggests that just by the size and look of the PC it would be a little on the slow side.

I would much more recommend an i5 or i7 processor.

What do you currently use as a desktop to run the setup you have?

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:41 am

jestermgee wrote:Never heard of the VST in question but the PC you have detailed looks "okish". I'm personally (and it is a personal thing) not a fan of AMD processors, especially for audio tasks. No concrete reason I just have had issues with something or another on AMD based machines over the years.

I dont know much about the AMD E series but something suggests that just by the size and look of the PC it would be a little on the slow side.

I would much more recommend an i5 or i7 processor.

What do you currently use as a desktop to run the setup you have?
I agree. Keep in mind many lower price laptops are built to consume less power like the AMD E series. With Windows 8 out look for better laptop bargains on systems with W7.