Démo PUSH #1 / Créer des rythmes avec PUSH

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
julienb

Démo PUSH #1 / Créer des rythmes avec PUSH

Post by julienb » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:13 am

For french people around here, and you who understands a bit french, you can check this small vid made quickly this afternoon
More to come.

Démo #1 / Créer des rythmes avec PUSH

Stay tuned on http://julienbayle.net/ableton-push
Last edited by julienb on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julien Bayle
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Carpet Cleaner

Re: Démo #1 / Créer des rythmes avec PUSH

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Cool, subscribed.

julienb

Post by julienb » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:20 pm

:)

unfortunately, I didn't have any second to make another short video today, working on the french tutorials for ELEPHORM we are recording on next week!
Julien Bayle

leida

Post by leida » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:23 pm

Merci Julien.
Mais...c'est pas cool de faire ce genre de clip, moi qui ne voulait pas succomber à Push... ;-)
++
Eric

julienb

Post by julienb » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:00 pm

leida wrote:Merci Julien.
Mais...c'est pas cool de faire ce genre de clip, moi qui ne voulait pas succomber à Push... ;-)
++
Eric
:lol:

oops!
Julien Bayle

re8

Post by re8 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:03 pm

Still helpful; cheers!

If you type in the French sub-captions (or maybe need to type them on the blog), then Google will automatically translate for you. The automatic sub-captions are not too bad.

julienb

Post by julienb » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:06 pm

re8 wrote:Still helpful; cheers!

If you type in the French sub-captions (or maybe need to type them on the blog), then Google will automatically translate for you. The automatic sub-captions are not too bad.

french subtitles detected by google are really uncanny here.
I'm sorry not having time to make them in eng too..

feel free to ask me questions about PUSH or L9 btw!
Julien Bayle

interceptor

Post by interceptor » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:19 am

Hi! Can you change startpoint/endpoint for samples from the hardware?

And can you browse samples and load into simpler from the hardware?

julienb

Post by julienb » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:35 am

interceptor wrote:Hi! Can you change startpoint/endpoint for samples from the hardware?

And can you browse samples and load into simpler from the hardware?

1/ because you can control ALL parameters of devices (including sampler or simpler) if you use one to play samples in a MIDI track, but also parameters of clips (including audio clip), you can change that.

2/ you can browse presets (only afaik)
checking that for you today
bump me if I don't come back here on tomorrow :p
Julien Bayle

florian_bl

Post by florian_bl » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:00 pm

Bonjour Julien,

Thank you for the wonderful video. It is making some things more clear for me now and helps with the decision of getting Push soon.

Do you still have it at home? Can you check something for me? I'm wondering how the use of groove templates in a clip affects the drums in the step sequencer. I have groove templates extracted from a TR-909 and use them quite often. If I put them in the clip while creating a drum pattern with the step sequencer of Push, will this groove from the 909 be working? Or does Push ignore the "old" way of groove templates because it has its own swing setting?

Another thing is the use of the new "per note swing"... What happens if you use swing on one sound, e.g. the hihat? Do you just hear the swing and everything in the piano roll stays on grid, or do the hihat notes get moved instantly to where the swing makes them sound? Like when you commit a groove so you can really see in the piano roll what it does to the notes?

Cheers,
Florian

julienb

Post by julienb » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:02 pm

florian_bl wrote:Bonjour Julien,

Thank you for the wonderful video. It is making some things more clear for me now and helps with the decision of getting Push soon.

Do you still have it at home? Can you check something for me? I'm wondering how the use of groove templates in a clip affects the drums in the step sequencer. I have groove templates extracted from a TR-909 and use them quite often. If I put them in the clip while creating a drum pattern with the step sequencer of Push, will this groove from the 909 be working? Or does Push ignore the "old" way of groove templates because it has its own swing setting?

Another thing is the use of the new "per note swing"... What happens if you use swing on one sound, e.g. the hihat? Do you just hear the swing and everything in the piano roll stays on grid, or do the hihat notes get moved instantly to where the swing makes them sound? Like when you commit a groove so you can really see in the piano roll what it does to the notes?

Cheers,
Florian
sure I have it.
gimme some hours, I'm currently finishing something huge.
bump me if I don't come back here tonight.
Julien Bayle

florian_bl

Post by florian_bl » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:14 pm

Awesome. Thanks a lot. I'll be patient.

julienb

Post by julienb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:20 pm

julienb wrote:

Cheers,
Florian
sure I have it.

push "only" reflects the state of the liveset.
that means that when you commit a groove on a clip, that moves notes ALSO on the push because it moves notes in the liveset.
so yes, the push displays notes freshly moved. I didn't show this (yet) but you can also change the size of the grid in step sequencer mode on the push. that makes possible zooming inside the clip grid

did I answer ?
I can make a specific vid for that.
let me know
Julien Bayle

login

Post by login » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:50 pm

julienb wrote:
julienb wrote:

Cheers,
Florian
sure I have it.

push "only" reflects the state of the liveset.
that means that when you commit a groove on a clip, that moves notes ALSO on the push because it moves notes in the liveset.
so yes, the push displays notes freshly moved. I didn't show this (yet) but you can also change the size of the grid in step sequencer mode on the push. that makes possible zooming inside the clip grid

did I answer ?
I can make a specific vid for that.
let me know

Yes please, a vid on zooming and then how it moves notes with some heavy groove settings. thx

julienb

Post by julienb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:57 pm

login wrote: Yes please, a vid on zooming and then how it moves notes with some heavy groove settings. thx
written on my TODO :)
Julien Bayle