Is anyone using Tone 2 ElectraX?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sporkles

Is anyone using Tone 2 ElectraX?

Post by sporkles » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:45 pm

It seems really nice and all-roundy. The question is: is there any point in adding it to one's arsenal just because it can do several different forms of synthesis? Also: can it replace other major synths in their individual fields? I'm thinking that familiarising oneself with one GUI look instead of switching between several would be a definite pro point.

jace_(nz)

Re: Is anyone using Tone 2 ElectraX?

Post by jace_(nz) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:01 am

Its great for layering up a part, or making sequences, but their is no multi out, so all have to go to the, master, the fx are okay but a little week overall,so really the power lies in layering up all from one synth, and the mod routing,and overall its a greats synth with quite limitless potentional, well that was with my other daws.As of live beta x64,i have found that only synt1 will automate, even if i go to automate the other three it always only automated the equivelant control for synt1, sure it was okay in Live 8 before i sold it last year, just waiting on live 9 to see if its just a beta problem, before contacting tone2,any other DAW its fine,Overall i love electrax, so even though i only just got back with live, i may end up going over to cubase 7, as i cant do without my electrax.

jace_(nz)

Re: Is anyone using Tone 2 ElectraX?

Post by jace_(nz) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:37 am

Just been doing some testing and as i mention about one issue, it does work okay, but where as you normally can just click a control and its parameter shows up to automate, it only does that for synt1, for the other synt parts you have to add the assignments as macros first,but not really a problem, so again i say a great must have synth to add to the collection.