APC40 help

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
wunschgefühl

APC40 help

Post by wunschgefühl » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:49 am

Hey Guys! Im using a apc40 with live and stuff l.d. yesterday i updated my computersoftware and now the apc just lights up like maschine when when turn the apc 40 on ... the lights turning around like in standby mode... i dont know how to operate with that... i restarted my computer and reconnected every cable but still the same problem...
Hope some one can help me??

Thanks! :)

S4racen

Re: APC40 help

Post by S4racen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:30 pm

IS it set up as a control surface and midi controller within your preferences, if it's in lightshow mode it's not communicating with your computer, try another usb cable...

Cheers
D

Jahk

Post by Jahk » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:12 pm

Hey, to set up just install APC40 edition (CD) and run Ableton Live normally with APC40 plugged in via USB.
If you want to get rid of that annoying wait between launching clips go to clip settings, click the 'L' icon.

- Change to Trigger
- Change to 32nd note
- Unwarp

My question is, is there any way to control a drum rack/ midi instrument with the APC40
for example have the drum samples in a kit mapped to the buttons?

I understand you could map these all individually, but say you slice audio to a killer midi track with 128 samples;
Is there a way to auto-map?

You could also put each of these samples in session and play/record it like that, but using the instrument would be nicer right?

Anyone managed to this?

Thanks, Jahk.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Jahk wrote:is there any way to control a drum rack/ midi instrument with the APC40
for example have the drum samples in a kit mapped to the buttons?
Not sure if Hanz Pertov's script works with the latest version of Live, but you should try that first because it's free and pretty awesome.
Also, MAP Ease by NativeKontrol is great for customizing the APC40, and so are the apc_CL3 templates from NativeKontrol.
Darren aka s4racen offers a lot of APC40 cutomization if you own M4L.
AND if you own M4L you can make your own APC40 cutomizing patches.
There is also Bomes Midi Translator, another great too for customizing controllers.

So yes the APC40 can definitely be used to get control over drumRacks.
I have done it in all of the ways I mentioned above.