Clap Effects

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Serinho

Clap Effects

Post by Serinho » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:33 am

Hi all,I practice produce house music in ableton and I stoped at claps.I want to make clap like in this song http://www.beatport.com/track/heat-it-o ... 92997.What kind of clap I need to use and what effects I need to make similar clap.

boderekstits

Re: Clap Effects

Post by boderekstits » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:56 pm

didn't click the link, but experiment with delay, reverb, gated reverb, flanger....layer 2 claps together, but reverse one of them. you'll probably find something you like that you will have created yourself.

Sanquid

Re: Clap Effects

Post by Sanquid » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:28 am

Didn't click the link neither, at shcool atm. Classic thing to do with house claps tho is to layer them with snare suonds and let the actual clap sound hit a slight bit before the snares.
In other words, turn of grind and move the clap a slight bit to the left. Will achive that "suck in" kinda sound that adds to the grove quite alot.

Other than that, as mentioned, revervbs and delays are allways cool. A more specific tip with reverb is to gate a rather big rev on a clap produced the same way that I mentioned above.