Cannot see soundwaves in arrangement view

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
d.laird

Cannot see soundwaves in arrangement view

Post by d.laird » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Complete novice here,

I recorded an audio clip in session view where I am able to see the soundwaves in the note editor, however when I switch to the arrangement view I can no longer see the soundwaves. Any ideas on how I can remedy this?

Many thanks.

jestermgee

Re: Cannot see soundwaves in arrangement view

Post by jestermgee » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:11 am

If you recorded into CLIP view then you hjave not yet added it to ARRANGE view. These are 2 separate "pallets" so to speek. If you want to now put that clip in Arranger you can either:

1. Hit RECORD at the top of screen and then trigger the clip to play. It will then directly record it into the arranger along with any tweaking you do.

2. If you just want to shift it over without recording, just click the clip and hold your mouse button. Press your TAB key on the keyboard to switch to Arrange screen (still holding mouse button) and then you will see your clip is now able to be slotted onto a track. Be cautious as you can now slot it on ANY audio track so make sure you select the correct track. Release mouse button and you should be cooking.

If this is still confusing, take some time to get familiar with the software. Try the manual. Lots of nifty tips.

DurandDurand

Post by DurandDurand » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:13 am

This was so helpful. Thank you :)

qub

Post by qub » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:44 am

I know this is ancient. But this was SUPER helpful, so thanks!