best way to upgrade to suite 9 and push?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jimdrake

best way to upgrade to suite 9 and push?

Post by jimdrake » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:30 pm

the pricing and websites seem really tricky.

i have a suite 8 license and loads of lite 7 licenses. i also have a normal max/msp 5 license and m4l license.

i am in switzerland

on the ableton website it says i can upgrade to live 9 suite for 189 CHF or live 9 standard for 149 CHF. i guess these are downloads with no additional taxes or shipping or import etc?

it also offers push and live 9 suite for 708 CHF or live 9 standard for 688 CHF.

so that essentially gives me the option to buy push from ableton at 519 CHF or 539 CHF. and I don't understand if this is with or without tax, how much shipping will be, will the live 9 suite or standard be shipped in a box also or download only, how much import and VAT will i pay?

and this is only a "pre-order"? so don't actually know when it will ship?

thomann website seems to say that they will ship on 07.03.2013 and you can actually order now? push with live 9 intro excl. vat and with free shipping is 419.33 EUR but I can't tell exactly how much CHF that will be and will have to pay DHL import (30-50 CHF) plus 8% VAT.

is the live 9 intro license sellable to anyone and how much is it worth?

is the normal max/msp 5 license sellable and worth anything? i understand if you have suite 9 you have m4l 6?

if i order push now from thomann or wait until march 5 to order push from ableton which will ship first?

if i order push from ableton will i be paying more?

any other dealers worth considering?

live 9 upgrade prices seem not to be at thomann, but will they be on march 5?

so confusing!

jimdrake

Re: best way to upgrade to suite 9 and push?

Post by jimdrake » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:38 pm

this swiss website:
http://www.houseofsound.ch/ableton-push.html

offers ableton push for 569.00 CHF including shipping and taxes etc, and says delivery on march 29.

it doesn't say which version of live it comes with (if any?).

these guys may actually be a little cheaper than thomann after i have paid DHL, they also seem to offer 3 year warrantee. anyone used these guys before?

this also print this picture:

http://www.houseofsound.ch/catalog/prod ... ge/120095/

8O 8O 8O 8O

jimdrake

Post by jimdrake » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:53 am

just got clarification from ableton,

it seems that the cheapest way is to upgrade to live 9 suite on the ableton website during the offer period, and buy push separately from a dealer.

kennsore

Post by kennsore » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:26 pm

I asked Ableton support about VAT and shipping on Push, and the response I got was that shipping is free with the quoted price, and it includes national VAT. For me, at least, it's going to be cheaper to order it directly from Ableton.

Goseba

Post by Goseba » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:38 pm

kennsore wrote:I asked Ableton support about VAT and shipping on Push, and the response I got was that shipping is free with the quoted price, and it includes national VAT. For me, at least, it's going to be cheaper to order it directly from Ableton.
I haven't seen a price yet in the Ableton Shop for Push only. It just tells me there is no upgrade path for me (I have Suite 8 plus Suite 9). What price have you seen to know it will be cheaper?

kennsore

Post by kennsore » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:59 pm

I'm refering to the price for a non-boxed Suite 8 (download) upgrade to Suite 9 with Push, which is USD798 in my case. If I just upgrade to Suite 9 and buy Push from a local music store the price will be approx. USD200 more for me.

Goseba

Post by Goseba » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:13 pm

I just hope that Ableton do sell Push at a decent price without any Live licence attached for existing Live owners.

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Goseba wrote:I just hope that Ableton do sell Push at a decent price without any Live licence attached for existing Live owners.

does push require live 9? We'll see it stand alone but at this point in time I'm assuming it requires 9.

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:55 pm

i asked this today, for all features of push u need live 9. otherwise u have a standard midi controller