All times are UTC

Post subject: Compatibility
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:25 pm 

Hi,

I have been trialling the suite and have just decided to buy ableton standard. When I launch the sets I created whilst trialling the suite it wont let me save or export on the grounds that they contain some of the effects from the suite (amp, cabinet etc). Is there anyway I can keep the work I put into these sessions but just deactivate those plugins?

Thanks

Adam

Post subject: Re: Compatibility
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:14 pm 

Ad@m wrote:
Hi,

I have been trialling the suite and have just decided to buy ableton standard. When I launch the sets I created whilst trialling the suite it wont let me save or export on the grounds that they contain some of the effects from the suite (amp, cabinet etc). Is there anyway I can keep the work I put into these sessions but just deactivate those plugins?

Thanks

Adam

You could consider freezing the tracks and flatten them to audio-tracks (right-click on the tracks, then when it's done freezing right-click again and you'll see flatten). Or you could slice to new midi-track (also right-click) - that will take away the plug-in and convert it to simpler-tracks. May not work though since you cant export the tracks... A third option would be to just record the tracks in real-time through anew audio-tracks - if THAT doesnt work then fuck you ableton :)

Post subject: Re: Compatibility
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:30 pm 

Great!

I just tried that and it has allowed me to convert all the midi into audio and bounce the audio to wav files all starting at 00:00:00 so I've been able to line them back up in a new project without any hassle.

Thanks for your help.

Adam