Help Please - external synth and audio effect

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
ttaralli

Help Please - external synth and audio effect

Post by ttaralli » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:11 pm

I have a couple of analog synths plugged into my motu ultralight. I also have an eventide space that I want to run these synths into as I see fit. so I connected the eventide space effects pedal to the ins/outs on the motu. Here is what I'm doing

Audio Track 1 - Audio in is coming from 3/4 (MoPho) and I get a dry signal no problem
I add an external audio effect plugin to "Audio track 1" and choose the ins/outs to be the same Ins/outs that the Eventide is connected to on the soundcard.

For some reason I get no sound unless I turn the wet knob down and then I just get the dry synth.

Also in my trouble shooting with the exact same setup as above, I connected a mic to the Eventide just to see if audio was going through and voila that audio came through effect on "Audio Track 1" no problem.

It seems that for some reason the audio from the synth is not getting to the Eventide. Can someone please help???

Thanks!

outsidesys

Re: Help Please - external synth and audio effect

Post by outsidesys » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:29 am

Are the Motu's outputs to the Eventide muted? Is there an app that comes with the Motu that allows you to monitor/config its ins and outs? That's the first place I'd look.