metronome volume and count-in

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
re:dream

metronome volume and count-in

Post by re:dream » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi there

How do I get to have a count-in volume that does not blast me into the next apartment?

I generally don't like the live Metronome and have dealt with that my creating my own much more well-mannered one ( soft kick timorous rimshots) in my basic template.

But it does not work for count-ins. When I ask for a count in, it is the temple block from outer space blasting at full volume from my nearfield monitors, scaring the bejesus out of me and waking up Paula next door. This happens even if my soundcard and monitors are set relatively quietly.

Is there a way of configuring the count-in so that it is softer? Or is there a M4L device for metronome lovers with frayed nerves?

AustinThumper

Re: metronome volume and count-in

Post by AustinThumper » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Solo knob in Master channel strip will control metronone volume.
Live 9.6 Suite / Max 7.2 / REAPER / Reaktor 6 / Win10 64bit / 4.2GHz i7 / 32GB DRAM / SSD / 828mk3 / 4 x HR824 / QX25 / HPD-15 / Sonor club kit / Mother-32 and a growing Eurorack.

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:25 pm

Yeah the volume for samples in the browser and the metronome is controlled by the solo volume.

Additionally, if you go to the folder where you have ableton installed and go to Ableton/Resources/Misc/Metronome/Samples, you can change the metronome sound by replacing the Metronome.wav and MetronomeUp.wav files with your own sound (but DO NOT change the names! Ableton recognizes these two file names). Cause for me, that DONK BOOP BOOP BOOP is far less inspiring than an open and closed hi hat ;)

Post by re:dream » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:28 am

AustinThumper wrote:Solo knob in Master channel strip will control metronone volume.
:roll:

ah great!

rtfm, i guess
Last edited by re:dream on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by re:dream » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:29 am

infernal.machine wrote:
Additionally, if you go to the folder where you have ableton installed and go to Ableton/Resources/Misc/Metronome/Samples, you can change the metronome sound by replacing the Metronome.wav and MetronomeUp.wav files with your own sound (but DO NOT change the names! Ableton recognizes these two file names). Cause for me, that DONK BOOP BOOP BOOP is far less inspiring than an open and closed hi hat ;)
fabulous, thanks!

Post by re:dream » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:58 am

infernal.machine wrote:Yeah the volume for samples in the browser and the metronome is controlled by the solo volume.

I tried this, but I can't get it to work. I named them correctly and I made sure they were wav file. But instead of the samples I get blasts of white noise...

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:31 am

Check your capitalization maybe?

Post by re:dream » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:05 am

You mean on MetronomeUp? Indeed I did....

turbomartin

Post by turbomartin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:20 am

The Finn wrote:
AustinThumper wrote:Solo knob in Master channel strip will control metronone volume.
:roll:

ah great!

rtfm, i guess
This is not working for me. What buttons do i push exactly? Any chance that this has changed?

Post by re:dream » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:02 pm

The description is slightly inacurate

What you use is the Preview/Cue volume under the solo button in the Master Channel strip.

It controls the metronome volume too.