Ableton: You've stolen £164 from me - pick up the phone!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
alexjholland

Ableton: You've stolen £164 from me - pick up the phone!

Post by alexjholland » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:06 am

I've just paid you £164; your server's then crashed and your website tells me there was a problem with the payment, so I should try again.

My Account still only shows Ableton 8..

But PayPal has taken £164 from my account.

You don't even have a proper phone-line. What kind of company says 'we're busy, call back later' - proper companies have waiting lines!
Last edited by alexjholland on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guillermo Barrancos

Re: Ableton: You've stolen £164 from me - pick up the phone!

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:09 am

alexjholland wrote:I've just paid you £164; your server's then crashed and your website tells me there was a problem with the payment, so I should try again.

You don't even have a proper phone-line. What kind of company says 'we're busy, call back later' - proper companies have waiting lines!

I think I'd better dial 00 49 112, because Police are who I speak to if someone takes my money; pretends they don't have it; then refuses to talk to me.
Just contact PayPal and do a charge back.

I don't know what is going on With Ableton. I tried to Call them all day yesterday for an enquiry and got the "we're busy, Call back later" Message the Whole day!
I find it also ridiculous for a Company like Ableton to not have something standard, like a waitingline system in Place for their support line.

Very unprofessional to be honest. :(

3osc

Post by 3osc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:14 am

Jeeeeeezus... calm yourselves down. Their servers are getting shithammered and it's only the first hour or so that 9 has been in the shop. Things will be made right, just try to have some patience.

Also, putting your phone number on a public forum is considered a bad idea.

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:23 am

3osc wrote:Jeeeeeezus... calm yourselves down. Their servers are getting shithammered and it's only the first hour or so that 9 has been in the shop. Things will be made right, just try to have some patience.

Well you have to admit it's a bit of a joke they don't have a waitingline system in Place for their phone support?

If the small shop around the corner can afford a waitingline system for it's little shop, then why can't Ableton With millions of users?

K1D1M35N

Post by K1D1M35N » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:24 am

alexjholland wrote:I've just paid you £164; your server's then crashed and your website tells me there was a problem with the payment, so I should try again.

I think I'd better dial 00 49 112, because Police are who I speak to if someone takes my money; pretends they don't have it; then refuses to talk to me.
Did you really think you could get s.o. from Ableton on the phone - today? Really? March the 5th, worldwide launch of Live 9? REALLY? ;)

You're not dealing with Microsoft or Google here, this is a small company, just show some patience, you'll get your goods soon enought.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:40 am

Sorry for the frustration here - our Customer Care team is taxed at the moment, and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Once the site is back up, please contact Customer Care using this contact form

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:41 am

haha.. the contact form is currently down for maintenance :lol:

toph

Post by toph » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:52 am

Ok, I went the same path: Check-Out for L9 Suite Upgrade, paying by Paypal, payment went through, but track back to the Ableton Shop failed.

So I picked up the phone redialed the support number for about 50 times and spoke to a support agent a few minutes ago:

There seem to be quite some people having this issue. He told me they are looking at those cases with priority, but that it can take some time until I'll recieve my serial number, because the order has to be finished manually inside the shop by the support team to get the serial numbers generated.

Maybe we all have to train patience. :D

I think it'll help to mail at orders@ableton.com, explaining the issue and attaching your Paypal confirmation mail.

C.

;)

3osc

Post by 3osc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:57 am

Guillermo Barrancos wrote:
3osc wrote:Jeeeeeezus... calm yourselves down. Their servers are getting shithammered and it's only the first hour or so that 9 has been in the shop. Things will be made right, just try to have some patience.

Well you have to admit it's a bit of a joke they don't have a waitingline system in Place for their phone support?

If the small shop around the corner can afford a waitingline system for it's little shop, then why can't Ableton With millions of users?
It's inconvenient, yes, and Ableton is bigger than your corner store. But I doubt they make enough to have a huge phone support staff. With way more customers than a tiny shop, it would be logistical hell to deal with so many phone calls in a queue.

Everything will be OK :)

3osc

Post by 3osc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:00 pm

toph wrote:Ok, I went the same path: Check-Out for L9 Suite Upgrade, paying by Paypal, payment went through, but track back to the Ableton Shop failed.

So I picked up the phone redialed the support number for about 50 times and spoke to a support agent a few minutes ago:

There seem to be quite some people having this issue. He told me they are looking at those cases with priority, but that it can take some time until I'll recieve my serial number, because the order has to be finished manually inside the shop by the support team to get the serial numbers generated.

Maybe we all have to train patience. :D

I think it'll help to mail at orders@ableton.com, explaining the issue and attaching your Paypal confirmation mail.

C.

;)
I would guess that they took the website down until that problem is fixed. Probably for the best.

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:02 pm

3osc wrote:

It's inconvenient, yes, and Ableton is bigger than your corner store. But I doubt they make enough to have a huge phone support staff. With way more customers than a tiny shop, it would be logistical hell to deal with so many phone calls in a queue.

The Whole reason to have a waiting Queue system, is so Your customers don't have to pay the start Call fee for each time they try to Call the support line, just to answer and be put off!

And as for all NON-Germans like me (and many others) who Call in internationally, this can become pretty darn expensive!

K1D1M35N

Post by K1D1M35N » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:07 pm

3osc wrote:
Of course those companies don't have a phone staff.

That's all done by call centers in Ireland (or Mumbay). ;)

3osc

Post by 3osc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:14 pm

3osc wrote:

The Whole reason to have a waiting Queue system, is so Your customers don't have to pay the start Call fee for each time they try to Call the support line, just to answer and be put off!

And as for all NON-Germans like me (and many others) who Call in internationally, this can become pretty darn expensive!
Yeah, I get that. So, do you think it would be much cheaper to call and be #2453 in line for an operator? I think they should have live chat support as one operator could talk to 2 or more people and issue canned responses as necessary.

But what do I know?

vido

Post by vido » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:15 pm

Just wonder why they didn't let us pre-order.

This is stupid: thousands of people wasting time because of something ableton probably anticipated.
Collab with Jeremy Blake of Red Means Recording:

Blake and Axe; "All The Light I Do Not See"
Spotify: https://goo.gl/MR8Wjr
Tidal: https://goo.gl/s35W33
Google Play: https://goo.gl/HQ1g7E
Amazon: https://goo.gl/cx5dUL

Not the usual stuff.

alexjholland

Post by alexjholland » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:21 pm

I run a company. Saying the number of orders is unprecedented misses the point.

Ableton's website allowed people to make payments for products it was not able to finish processing.

If you need to take the website down; allow through small numbers then so be it.

But it's absolutely outrageous that you work long enough to take someone's money, then crash and forget having taken it in the first place.

Utterly indefensible.