Ableton: You've stolen £164 from me - pick up the phone!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
gnurf

Re: Ableton: You've stolen £164 from me - pick up the phone!

Post by gnurf » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:26 pm

At least the payment history is with PayPal (who, incidentally, have robust payment servers!), so if Ableton's servers REALLY screw up they'll still have a payment and e-mail address to sort out purchases from. I have yet to see anything but a maintenance message, though, since I decided to get some sleep and worry about getting to the purchase page later in the day/week ;)

You know they'll be swamped on a big release like this. When even over 50% of the banks here can go down (they did last night), Ableton can too!

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Me, I'm going to take a chill pill.

I paid on the site, payment went through, a fair wad of dough has been subtracted from my credit card.

No download link.

Am I a little bit disappointed? You could say so. Am I going to freak out? what's the point? I paid my money, I can prove it; I am confident that when the site gets back up I will have a download link, and that if by some chance it isn't there I can prove that I paid.

It is not as if someone is going to die if I don't get my download by tonight.

Srsly, people, get some perspective. Acting like a baby screaming because it doesn't have its rattle is not going to help anyone.

3osc

Post by 3osc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:40 pm

alexjholland wrote:I run a company. Saying the number of orders is unprecedented misses the point.

Ableton's website allowed people to make payments for products it was not able to finish processing.

If you need to take the website down; allow through small numbers then so be it.

But it's absolutely outrageous that you work long enough to take someone's money, then crash and forget having taken it in the first place.

Utterly indefensible.
It's not unprecedented (many video games have a larger launch than this). It's just large.

If this inconvenience is the worst thing to happen to you today, you should be so thankful.

Korhan

Post by Korhan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:40 pm

Accusing a person or a company of theft is a big big thing. Ableton did not steal your money. Their servers crashed. Just like your computer sometimes does when you try to run a million plugins at the same time. You are obviously not only angry, but also very insensitive and stupid. After accusing a reputable company like Ableton of theft, you should simply stop using Ableton, delete your membership on this forum, get your money back from Ableton, who is definitely going to pay you back, and use that money for some long needed therapy. Shame on you!
Computer: MBP M1Pro 32GB 1TB, MixPre 6 MKII
Hardware: Syntrx II, Matriarch, Hydrasynth, Minifreak, Nord Drum 2, Modular (mainly Make Noise)
Controllers: Push 3, Launchpad Mk3, Launch Control, Sensel Morph, PC4, Nanokontrol

dysanfel

Post by dysanfel » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come - Robert H. Schuller

If you still post here after you get your product or your money back you should be shamed mercilessly for being so impatient. The only honorable thing to do is become a Pro Tools user now.
Gig Rig - rMBP 2.3GHZ i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, OSX 10.13.x, Presonus FS, Live 10.x
Home Rig - i9 eight-core Hackintosh 32GB DDR4, 2nd Generation Scarlett 18i20, ADA8000, JoeMeek SixQ, Live 10.x

DJ_Zombot

Post by DJ_Zombot » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Lol....this is why I'm waiting til thursday or friday. If you think getting serials are bad, wait til you try and download your files. 55 gb times a backlog of orders = holy $hit!

alexjholland

Post by alexjholland » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:55 pm

Korhan wrote:Accusing a person or a company of theft is a big big thing. Ableton did not steal your money. Their servers crashed. Just like your computer sometimes does when you try to run a million plugins at the same time. You are obviously not only angry, but also very insensitive and stupid. After accusing a reputable company like Ableton of theft, you should simply stop using Ableton, delete your membership on this forum, get your money back from Ableton, who is definitely going to pay you back, and use that money for some long needed therapy. Shame on you!
Difference being that my VSTs aren't holding anyone's cash. I also happen to be speaking from the position of running a five-county sales territory for a FTSE100 company.

So I'll say and do as I like, from the position of being pretty well-informed on what constitutes customer service - little man.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:57 pm

dysanfel wrote:The only honorable thing to do is become a Pro Tools user now.
8O

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:58 pm

i would call a lawyer and sue them along with everyone on the forum.
but before that i would punch something.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

3osc

Post by 3osc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:04 pm

alexjholland wrote:
Korhan wrote:Accusing a person or a company of theft is a big big thing. Ableton did not steal your money. Their servers crashed. Just like your computer sometimes does when you try to run a million plugins at the same time. You are obviously not only angry, but also very insensitive and stupid. After accusing a reputable company like Ableton of theft, you should simply stop using Ableton, delete your membership on this forum, get your money back from Ableton, who is definitely going to pay you back, and use that money for some long needed therapy. Shame on you!
Difference being that my VSTs aren't holding anyone's cash. I also happen to be speaking from the position of running a five-county sales territory for a FTSE100 company.

So I'll say and do as I like, from the position of being pretty well-informed on what constitutes customer service - little man.
:roll:

Yup, it takes a big man to say such things. Good for you.

Seriously, you're on an Internet forum freaking out about a piece of software. Take a breather. Go for a walk. There's life beyond Live.

3osc

Post by 3osc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:06 pm

nathannn wrote:i would call a lawyer and sue them along with everyone on the forum.
but before that i would punch something.
I hang a poster of a monkey on my wall just for times like these. He is my pre-lawyer punching monkey.

Korhan

Post by Korhan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:07 pm

This little man worked as a consultant for one of the world's largest consulting companies, led many projects in the Middle East and the Balkans, and knows very well not to act out of anger and start throwing accusations at people or companies. So the combination of your attitude here and running a five-country sales territory only makes me very sad for the people you manage.
Computer: MBP M1Pro 32GB 1TB, MixPre 6 MKII
Hardware: Syntrx II, Matriarch, Hydrasynth, Minifreak, Nord Drum 2, Modular (mainly Make Noise)
Controllers: Push 3, Launchpad Mk3, Launch Control, Sensel Morph, PC4, Nanokontrol

alexjholland

Post by alexjholland » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:08 pm

It's got nothing to do with Live? If it wasn't available for another week that would be fine.

The issue is someone taking my money off me, without giving me anything back. It would infuriate me if it was any product.

Same with websites that offer products for sale that you pay for, only to receive an email telling you it's out-of-stock and they will take five days to refund you.

It's incredibly shoddy; and something I would never allow my customers to experience.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:14 pm

Korhan wrote:This little man worked as a consultant for one of the world's largest consulting companies,
no one cares.
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:15 pm

alexjholland wrote:I also happen to be speaking from the position of running a five-county sales territory for a FTSE100 company.

no one cares
and your blog is only inspiring to yourself, to everyone else it reads like a meat head drill sergeant screaming in their ear, you are an overgrown baby, piss off.
Last edited by nathannn on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no computers or synths