Ableton Live 9 Suite Student price :(

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
BoddAH

Ableton Live 9 Suite Student price :(

Post by BoddAH » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:26 pm

I wanted to pull the trigger on Live 9 Suite with the 40% student discount and to make things less complicated I wanted to buy Ableton Live 9 directly instead of getting the "Live 8 with free upgrade to Live 9" bundle and decided to wait but to my great surprise Live 9 Suite for students is now 359 € instead of 329 € previously.

Bummer. Obviously if I had known this I wouldn't have waited. Losing 30 € for such a stupid reason makes me reconsider the whole thing. I hope Ableton can still do something for people like me... :?

The Carpet Cleaner

Re: Ableton Live 9 Suite Student price :(

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:49 pm

30 euros come on lazy student go get a job and stop smoking pots!

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Do you have any idea how a sale or incentives works? You expect something that has a clear date of expiration, "GET IT AT THIS PRICE UNTIL MARCH 5TH" to then be THE EXACT SAME PRICE WHEN THAT DATE COMES? As a student, I'd be more concerned about your education, because it appears to be failing.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:58 pm

sparklepuff wrote:As a student, I'd be more concerned about your education, because it appears to be failing.
Wow you're an ass.

I was under the impression that only the 25% standard price offer would end on the 4th of March. The flat 40% student discount is supposed to be valid all the time...

Btw my studies are going well. In fact, I already did a master's degree 4 years ago and have been working since then. I just thought that getting a second degree in a field of interest and learning music production with Live in my free time might be a better time investment than being an asshat on the Internet.

jer_mcclain

Post by jer_mcclain » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:26 pm

I am curious as to what why you think Ableton should give you that extra 30 € off the price?
MacBook Pro - Live Suite - Mira - APC40 - Apogee Duet - Grado SR325i

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:11 pm

jer_mcclain wrote:I am curious as to what why you think Ableton should give you that extra 30 € off the price?
I'm curious why you think they shouldn't.

I'm probably the only idiot who wants to buy Live less than 24 hours after the 2 month (?) discount period and given my explanation it's obvious that I just wanted to buy Live, in all good faith. Preferably without having to pay 10% more than I should have for being an idiot (or missing the non-existant memo that mentioned Live suddenly costing 30 € more for no reason, despite the same 40% discount still active)

It would be nice and they would get a satisfied new customer. It would seem like a pretty standard commercial gesture to me given the circumstances. It's simple business.

Now I assume that you're not a student. You probably paid more than me for your "standard" version or even a lot more depending on your history and the amount of upgrades of Live you purchased but your childish, jealousy fueled hate doesn't really seem to be relevant to me here.

I don't know what you do for a living but instead of getting paid for my hard work right now I'm actually the one paying on top of it. A lot. I hope that helps put things into perspective.

jer_mcclain

Post by jer_mcclain » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:46 pm

No disrespect I just didn't understand your rationale behind wanting that discount. It sounds to me like you feel slighted because you did not get a price that you inferred from the pricing structure/promotion.
MacBook Pro - Live Suite - Mira - APC40 - Apogee Duet - Grado SR325i

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:56 pm

jer_mcclain wrote:No disrespect I just didn't understand your rationale behind wanting that discount. It sounds to me like you feel slighted because you did not get a price that you inferred from the pricing structure/promotion.
Sorry no disrespect meant either. In fact, the second part of my comment was more intended for previous posters.

And yes, I (obviously) feel stupid having to pay 30 € more now just because something unexpected happened to the price I expected.

In all fairness, the student discount is still supposed to be 40% and the standard version of Suite 9 still costs the same price as Suite so these 30 € are really unexpected and strange and I really saw no info on this despite doing my homework.

73*

Post by 73* » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:38 pm

I bought the student license during the sale... I'm not sure why you didn't pick up on the fact that the student pricing for live 8 was discounted as part of the Live 9 pre-release sale. However with that said, I should mention that I did ensure I was making the right choice buying when I did by emailing Ableton support to get a confirmation that a Live 8 suite edu license would still get Live 9 and M4L for free.

In the future I would suggest that you never make assumptions like you did, especially if you are certain that you are going to buy the product.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:52 pm

jer_mcclain wrote:No disrespect I just didn't understand your rationale behind wanting that discount.
It's because he's an entitled crybaby dildo who also advertises his top of the line MacBook Pro in his signature. That's what this forum is filled with.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:05 pm

sparklepuff wrote:
jer_mcclain wrote:No disrespect I just didn't understand your rationale behind wanting that discount.
It's because he's an entitled crybaby dildo who also advertises his top of the line MacBook Pro in his signature. That's what this forum is filled with.
WTF, this is a technical forum. Indications about the hardware I'm using CAN be useful when trouble-shooting problems or providing feedback in some threads. I'm not advertising anything.

I don't give a flying f**k if you're using an ironic LOL SO RANDUM xD signature, a SoundCloud link or no signature at all, leave mine alone as well.

I had the same signature with my crappy iBook G4 for years before finally upgrading. You should really seek help if other people's forum signatures make you feel inadequate.