June 25th !!!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tarpinian

Re: June 25th !!!!!!!

Post by Tarpinian » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:24 pm

I ordered the morning of and mine still says 2-4. I heard that day that there was a first batch in that slot, so obviously they sold out.

R3k

Post by R3k » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:22 am

From East Coast Music (US) on March 5th

"The Ableton wholesale distributor has notified us that it will be near the end of the month before they will ship the Ableton Push. They will notify us if the date changes. He did not elaborate but they must be have some minor problems in shipping or getting it out. Also, the Ableton Store indicates on their website that they will not ship for 2-4 weeks."

I pre-ordered mid February.

Hmmm, based upon what everyone is posting...it would be nice for ableton to post and elaborate on shipment dates..

Are all shipments getting pushed way back due to some large issue...Or is it like the initial limited batch is available now, 2nd batch end March / 2-4 weeks, and 3rd batch 3 - 4 months?

Goseba

Post by Goseba » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:19 am

jimmynitcher wrote:Would you be so kind as to tell me who it is in the UK? I might have to get a refund off Abelton if this is true.
I ordered from DV247, GAK also had stock coming at the end of March too. I didn't check any other dealers.

jimmynitcher

Post by jimmynitcher » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:16 am

Thanks

jobe

Post by jobe » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Nope, mine still says 12-14 weeks. What the fuck is going on here, what a joke

R3k

Post by R3k » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:02 pm

From East Coast Music (US) on March 10th

"I have issued you a full credit and cancelled your order for the Appleton Push.

The Ableton Push Pad is now expected to shipped in 12-16 weeks (the same at the shipping delay noted on the Ableton site at this link: https://www.ableton.com/en/shop/ ). We believe this date is just too far out for East Coast Music to reasonably hold our customer’s funds for a future product especially since further delays could be encountered. We will only accept preorders for the Ableton Push when the shipping date is expected within 2-3 weeks and when we are more confident that further delays are unlikely.

We will email you when we are accepting preorders again for the Ableton Push Pad."

Yay.

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:48 pm

R3k wrote:From East Coast Music (US) on March 10th

"I have issued you a full credit and cancelled your order for the Appleton Push.

The Ableton Push Pad is now expected to shipped in 12-16 weeks (the same at the shipping delay noted on the Ableton site at this link: https://www.ableton.com/en/shop/ ). We believe this date is just too far out for East Coast Music to reasonably hold our customer’s funds for a future product especially since further delays could be encountered. We will only accept preorders for the Ableton Push when the shipping date is expected within 2-3 weeks and when we are more confident that further delays are unlikely.

We will email you when we are accepting preorders again for the Ableton Push Pad."

Yay.
LOL!

So this means a general delay for everyone then? :o So AKAI is yet again not able to deliver a product in time!

Lol.... This is slowly turning out to be quite the fiasco. /shrug

If Im going to receive the same message from my retailer that they not going to receive their shipment end this month...My desire for Push will be instantly killed and NI Maschine MkII is starting to become a serious alternative.

[art]

Post by [art] » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:05 am

I dare say that the development of Push has been an insane undertaking for Ableton, as calmly as they play it out. They probably haven't made enough Push's to cover initial demand because maybe they don't have enough money to - or the risk of going bust is high if the cards are played wrong .

Pre-order gives them the numbers for how to approach manufacture, just a guess but the initial pre-orders that sold out are probably from the same batch as those used by certified trainers and reviewers. Otherwise why the 10 week gap between production if they can clearly knock the first round out in 2 - 4 weeks?

Personally I'm grateful, and patient. It will be worth the wait and looks to be an amazing instrument and addition to studio that uses Live at the core. If I cancel my order now, then it's probably looking beyond 16 weeks. Would rather stay in the queue tbh. And who knows, maybe 12 - 16 is a worst case scenario. Wishful thinking I guess lol

StewD

Post by StewD » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:37 am

My account now shows ... "Push: ships in 16 or more weeks"

:cry:

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:06 am

[art] wrote:I dare say that the development of Push has been an insane undertaking for Ableton, as calmly as they play it out. They probably haven't made enough Push's to cover initial demand because maybe they don't have enough money to - or the risk of going bust is high if the cards are played wrong .

Pre-order gives them the numbers for how to approach manufacture, just a guess but the initial pre-orders that sold out are probably from the same batch as those used by certified trainers and reviewers. Otherwise why the 10 week gap between production if they can clearly knock the first round out in 2 - 4 weeks?

Personally I'm grateful, and patient. It will be worth the wait and looks to be an amazing instrument and addition to studio that uses Live at the core. If I cancel my order now, then it's probably looking beyond 16 weeks. Would rather stay in the queue tbh. And who knows, maybe 12 - 16 is a worst case scenario. Wishful thinking I guess lol
Did you pre-order? Did Your account say 2-4 weeks earlier? Check Your status again!

It seems, With now more and more retailers being notified of not getting a shipment end of march, that we are facing a full delay of 16 weeks for everyone!

And sadly.... for many it wouldn't even come as a suprise, as AKAI is Notorious for screw ups like these, With launching New Products With big hype, only to face consumers With a 4-6 month delay before the Product is actually available. /facepalm

I can almost see a bottle of champagne popping open at Native Intruments HQ and them laughing their butts off.
If they're smart, they gonna launch a Marketing campain for Maschine MkII right now.
And if they are really cunning, they can throw some extra oil on the fire and offer discounts for People who show their Push pre-order receipt lol. (seen these kind of actions before).

J0n35y

Post by J0n35y » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:02 am

I had planned on trying Push out last Tuesday at my local music store but they aren't getting Push in until the end of the month (at the earliest). At the weekend I tried NI's new Maschine/Live 9 template and am absolutely loving it, so much so that Push is not going to happen for me any time soon, if at all.

I'm not saying I would have snapped one up if it had been available last week when I went into the store but who knows, the Push marketing campaign was working on me. As I said on another thread, I'm glad for the delay. Had more money than sense after bonus day so happy that Im now maximising my Maschine investment instead.

pro.tone

Post by pro.tone » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:29 am

I was thrilled by this release and thought I was just unlucky not being able to order a PUSH on march 5th; because of the high demand and the traffic on the Abes-website...whatever, but now I think I'm really lucky....it feels way better to know that my money didn't evapurate for (at least!) four months.
Other companies will now be able to improve their gear with the PUSH-idea until first PUSH-Controllers are being sent out en masse. Good for us gearsluts, bad for Ableton. :wink:

Why the Abes couldn't figure out better instant coverage with so much anticipation, demand and love for Live in general. It was so obvious from day one (from the announcement on) that PUSH would be a gamechanger/new era...especially after NAMM...nobody of the interested audiance pushed (haha) to announce the launch for march 5th, when they already announced first quarter of 2013....wtf happened?!!!
Mayor (marketing)fail imho....

Hopefully this doesn't become an Ableton-characteristic...Behringer-style kind of....like the X32- and CDM-Line-announcements....
Please, get this straight in a future.
HW: MacbookPro, PUSH, US-144, Equitek e300, Yamaha NS10, AKG 271
SW: Live 9 Suite, PXT, Sibelius 7, Pianoteq 4, Komplete 8 ult., Cinem. Strings 2, EWH Strings diamond

"Music is art - audio is technology"

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:41 am

pro.tone wrote:I was thrilled by this release and thought I was just unlucky not being able to order a PUSH on march 5th; because of the high demand and the traffic on the Abes-website...whatever, but now I think I'm really lucky....it feels way better to know that my money didn't evapurate for (at least!) four months.
Other companies will now be able to improve their gear with the PUSH-idea until first PUSH-Controllers are being sent out en masse. Good for us gearsluts, bad for Ableton. :wink:

Why the Abes couldn't figure out better instant coverage with so much anticipation, demand and love for Live in general. It was so obvious from day one (from the announcement on) that PUSH would be a gamechanger/new era...especially after NAMM...nobody of the interested audiance pushed (haha) to announce the launch for march 5th, when they already announced first quarter of 2013....wtf happened?!!!
Mayor (marketing)fail imho....

Hopefully this doesn't become an Ableton-characteristic...Behringer-style kind of....like the X32- and CDM-Line-announcements....
Please, get this straight in a future.
What actually pisses me off is the All out silence treatment from Ableton!

Everything what we see and hear at the moment seems to indicate an all out 4 month delay for Push!
Why can't they just come out and give us an honest update regarding Push availability and what's going on?

Staying silent and keeping People in the dark isn't helping! It will only change people's minds and move them away from the Product towards the competition (NI Machine MkII, etc).

It's just stupid! Just come out and admit AKAI screwed up and can't produce and deliver Push until summer!

If this is how Ableton is going to handle Things and how support is going to be... then my interest for Push just evaporates even more.
Especially seeing how actively NI supports their Machine Products with constant software updates, With continous support still for the older MkI maschine.
I am more and more inclined to jump ship and go for Maschine instead.
Especially after seeing this video: http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/01/v ... -template/

Ryder17

Post by Ryder17 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:51 am

Blimey! Theres a lot of hate going on here!

Come on guy's, Ableton is a pretty small company really, such a big undertaking for them is both difficult and risky!

First shipment of push will be in the uk on the 25th of March for those who pre-ordered in good time. Those who left ordering till last minute will have to wait 12 weeks or so while they make some more! Is it really that hard to grasp?

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:58 am

Ryder17 wrote:Blimey! Theres a lot of hate going on here!

Come on guy's, Ableton is a pretty small company really, such a big undertaking for them is both difficult and risky!

First shipment of push will be in the uk on the 25th of March for those who pre-ordered in good time. Those who left ordering till last minute will have to wait 12 weeks or so while they make some more! Is it really that hard to grasp?
That's the Whole point.

1. People are Reporting that their 2-4 week shipment date has changed to 16 weeks.
2. People are Reporting that they got their preorder canceled and Money refunded from their local retailer, due to shipment being changed from end march until end of june (or later).

So what is going on? for REAL.

Is it really that hard for Ableton to come out and give us a honest update about the status of Push availability?

I just emailed my local retailer (where I placed a pre-order. They placed a large order long ago) if they have received a delay Notification or Call for a delivery status update.
Haven't received an answer yet. So we'll see.