June 25th !!!!!!!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
pro.tone

Re: June 25th !!!!!!!

Post by pro.tone » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:08 am

Ryder17 wrote:Blimey! Theres a lot of hate going on here!

Come on guy's, Ableton is a pretty small company really, such a big undertaking for them is both difficult and risky!

First shipment of push will be in the uk on the 25th of March for those who pre-ordered in good time. Those who left ordering till last minute will have to wait 12 weeks or so while they make some more! Is it really that hard to grasp?
Nah, I decided to wait until fall/winter 2013. Makes me feel better, because I know that PUSH will be available then without any stress at my local store and besides of that a lot of tutorials and gear from other companies will come around.
No hate agains Ableton, just a bit of disappointed and shocked about the (for Ableton) predictable mess.
HW: MacbookPro, PUSH, US-144, Equitek e300, Yamaha NS10, AKG 271
SW: Live 9 Suite, PXT, Sibelius 7, Pianoteq 4, Komplete 8 ult., Cinem. Strings 2, EWH Strings diamond

"Music is art - audio is technology"

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:16 am

pro.tone wrote:
Ryder17 wrote:Blimey! Theres a lot of hate going on here!

Come on guy's, Ableton is a pretty small company really, such a big undertaking for them is both difficult and risky!

First shipment of push will be in the uk on the 25th of March for those who pre-ordered in good time. Those who left ordering till last minute will have to wait 12 weeks or so while they make some more! Is it really that hard to grasp?
Nah, I decided to wait until fall/winter 2013. Makes me feel better, because I know that PUSH will be available then without any stress at my local store and besides of that a lot of tutorials and gear from other companies will come around.
No hate agains Ableton, just a bit of disappointed and shocked about the (for Ableton) predictable mess.
The sad thing is, that People just keep defending them and come up With excuses like being a small Company.

Ableton currently has a ~130 staff. Have millions of users. Thus are a multi-milion Company. I can't Call that small anymore!
Add to this, that AKAI is responsible for the manufacturing and delivery of Push! Not Ableton. They handle the end of the Chain towards the distributors!
And when it comes to hardware, AKAI isn't New to the game. Sadly, they are however Notorious for Epic Fail Product launches With Heavy delays. :(
So I am not suprised if it's AKAI that has completely screwed up again With their productionline. /sigh

But that doesn't prevent Ableton to come out and face their "loyal" customers and give us a honest update.

pro.tone

Post by pro.tone » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:27 am

Guillermo, you're right: It's an epic fail, I agree.
But I don't care who's fault it is, I just go on....and will still love Live.

If they don't announce anything, well, I don't care. (Maybe because I didn't pre-order, otherwise I would freak out I think :D )

It's just sad that the first own step into the controller-world has been ruined in such a way...can't get it.
On the other hand: For people like me Machine is no/has never/will never be an option, it's just not as good for my purpose as PUSH could be...., well Novation, wake the f*ck up and bring 'em on!!!
SW: Live 9 Suite, PXT, Sibelius 7, Pianoteq 4, Komplete 8 ult., Cinem. Strings 2, EWH Strings diamond

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:34 am

pro.tone wrote:Guillermo, you're right: It's an epic fail, I agree.
But I don't care who's fault it is, I just go on....and will still love Live.

If they don't announce anything, well, I don't care. (Maybe because I didn't pre-order, otherwise I would freak out I think :D )

It's just sad that the first own step into the controller-world has been ruined in such a way...can't get it.
On the other hand: For people like me Machine is no/has never/will never be an option, it's just not as good for my purpose as PUSH could be...., well Novation, wake the f*ck up and bring 'em on!!!
But the thing is. NI is quite communicative, have good support and frequent software updates for Maschine. With a large userbase as well.

Then on the other hand... Ableton is giving us the silent treatment. As usual.
That doesn't give me much hope on how they going to handle support and updates for Push. :?

I really hope I am wrong on this, but so far Ableton is proving otherwise. :(

But Yeah... it will be interesting if Novation is able to jump in on the Push fiasco and suddenly come out With a touch/velocity sensitive Launchpad MkII hehe. :)
I had actually expected them to come With a Launchpad MkII at NAMM this year. As it would have been a logical evolution to the current succesful launchpad.
So I am suprised it's taking them so long? Unless they lack the expertise currently to produce one. :?

pro.tone

Post by pro.tone » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:01 pm

NI has really great Software and sounds, but their hardware is only built to satisfy NI-heads' needs.
They should show that they're really smart and should finally come down from their NI-throne, throwing a multi(software)-compatible controller on the market.
Machine is simply shit for my Ableton-needs.

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:06 pm

pro.tone wrote:NI has really great Software and sounds, but their hardware is only built to satisfy NI-heads' needs.
They should show that they're really smart and should finally come down from their NI-throne, throwing a multi(software)-compatible controller on the market.
Machine is simply shit for my Ableton-needs.
In what way?
If you look here: http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/01/v ... -template/ and read what People do With "custom" templates (or the official one). They seem to manage to completely Control live With Machine.
Sure it doesn't have 64 pads, like Push, but then again... the Novation Launchpad is available for 100 bucks these days if I need an extra 64 pad Clip launcher lol.

Decisions... decisions... damn you Ableton for screwing up With Push! :evil:

[art]

Post by [art] » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:07 pm

week 1 brothers and sisters

chill

pro.tone

Post by pro.tone » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:20 pm

[art] wrote:week 1 brothers and sisters

chill
SO Right in a way! It's "week 1" and we should chill (but "week 16" is sort of the issue here)

Guillermo, I sold my Launchpad (used with nativekontrol) last week...no option anymore. My fault ;)
No stepwrite possible with 16Pads, Machine-dealbraker for me, sorry.
I want a touch-sensitive Launchpad/BCR2000, which fits in my DJ-Bag.
Ableton did very good thinking in my opinion. Keep on guys!...but please....well, nuff said.
Peace

Tarpinian

Post by Tarpinian » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:57 am

My previously 2-4 week ship date from ableton just changed to 1-2 weeks.

Cowlash

Post by Cowlash » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:08 am

Tarpinian wrote:My previously 2-4 week ship date from ableton just changed to 1-2 weeks.
Mine started off as saying 2-4 weeks, but now says 12-16 weeks.

Could end up losing interest by that time

mesaamis

Post by mesaamis » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:09 am

Hate to say it, but mine started off saying 2-4 weeks, now says 1-2 weeks. Couldn't be happier

LoopTheory

Post by LoopTheory » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:57 am

mesaamis wrote:Hate to say it, but mine started off saying 2-4 weeks, now says 1-2 weeks. Couldn't be happier
Just checked mine which was 2-4weeks , now says 1-2weeks - Ordered mine on 5th at about 12:30 lunchtime Europe if that helps anyone.

[art]

Post by [art] » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:03 pm

mine said 2 - 4 weeks, went to 12 - 16. turns out my local music shop is getting some. so i put a deposit on one, and emailed ableton to cancel my pre-order. they got back in a matter of hours and have cancelled. awesome. the guys at the store say the pushes are shipping out of Germany March 15. Should arrive in a bout 2 weeks. Woo!

David_R

Post by David_R » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:06 pm

I don't understand two things. first: if they knew that they can't deliver Push together with Live 9, why did they announce it together? The website says "Live 9 and Push are here" but Push isn't. Of course people are angry now. They could have said: Live 9 is here, Push coming soon. Or something like that.
I first preordered at Ableton but it said 12-16 weeks. But I don't have any controller! So I need one now. I bought Live 8 with update to 9 because I want to switch from using Pro Tools (whitch is very unhandy for music production and especially for live situations). I was really looking for the combination of Live 9 and Push. And I need to start working soon. projects already become concrete.
Now I cancelled my preorder and tried it with a local reseller. They said Ableton announced to deliver until March 27th and I would still get one of those controllers but they can't promise anything.
And that's the second thing I don't understand. People are disappointed because they have to wait. It would be a nice step of a modern and user friendly company to tell people why they have to wait and if they will deliver to the local resellers right in time. Come on Ableton show us that you're not Applle-style but transparent. That's what users are asking for beside a super-duper-controller.

brettonwoodsapocalypse

Post by brettonwoodsapocalypse » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:00 pm

I ordered on march 6th, just after the first day or rush. Like a lot of users my first estimate was 2-4 weeks, then it went quickly to 12-16 and then back to the initial 2-4 a couple of days later. IT's been now 1-2 weeks :D
Manufacturing hardware is a completely different thing than software, I know what I'm talking about because it's want my company does. As this is the first time that Ableton gets their own hardware, they had to forecast for the initial order and they probably went a bit conservative whuch means first orders get served while later ones will get the next batch.
I fully agree that Ableton's silent treatment is bad PR. The overall Live 9 release has been really poorly communicated. But in the end what counts is the product.
I prefer Ableton than NI, which has in my opinion the best marketing in the business but who don't hesitate to kill products like Kore leaving thousands of their loyal customers behind.