June 25th !!!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
doc holiday

Re: June 25th !!!!!!!

Post by doc holiday » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:00 pm

anamexis wrote:I ordered Push on release day (3/5) and got 2-4 weeks, now on my account page it says 1-2 weeks. Nice!

that's what mine says! We're getting closer.

too bad for folks who are late on the pre-order but that's why people camp out places.

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:10 pm

su-Y wrote:Anyone know what service will Ableton use to ship Push? I will be on Cyprus when it ships, and I ordered it there, and god, that island has terrible mail service. So I wonder will they be using regular post office or something more fancy like UPS?

My live 9 box came Fed Ex, but different places could have different delivery.

pro.tone

Post by pro.tone » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:07 pm

beats me wrote: In short, no a successful company’s focus isn’t just to make money hand over fist. That’s the focus of banks and the stock market.
I would really like to share this thought with you, but unfortunately I have to disagree. At the end of the day a company's strategy is "all about the Benjamins".
beats me wrote:NI doing what it does well and focusing on hardware for their software doesn’t mean they are up on some kind of arrogant “throne”.
I never stated an "arrogant" throne, I was thinking about an "ignorant" throne. On the other hand NI proved that they realized the potential behind clip-triggered mixing when they launched the F1/Traktor 2,5.
Remix decks just equal limited clips.

Considering this fact, that would lead us to your mentioned arrogant "throne". Please don't get me wrong, no hate, just a well meant hint.
beats me wrote:..their software and hardware combos are saying you don’t even need to use Live.
Are you serious?..Please, give me a break. NI is a great company and is leading the industry in many aspects, but they would kill for an own DAW. As I mentioned in my previous post: The 2/4-decks-oldschool-mixing-style is definetly not the dj/producer-future.

beats me wrote:I’m sure they are perfectly fine with the Novations and M-Audios..
So am I. I'm a customer, no Ableton- or NI-fanboy; LIVE and Komplete ultimate are just my my main tools.
beats me wrote:I think it’s a user mental hurdle that they can’t believe they can do everything they want to do without some big name DAW helming it all.
Ok, you are serious...that depends on the kind of music you'd like to create in my opinion. The clip/arrangement-possibility simply gives a creative head all-in-one and freedom to choose what he wants to do....with only one controller this would be a new era.

Coming back to topic: June 25th is aprox. the date for other companies to show up. Frankfurter Musikmesse is near...maybe Novation, M-Audio or NI have something interesting to present then, otherwise all dissapointment about Abes' marketin fail will be forgotten. :D
Last edited by pro.tone on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
HW: MacbookPro, PUSH, US-144, Equitek e300, Yamaha NS10, AKG 271
SW: Live 9 Suite, PXT, Sibelius 7, Pianoteq 4, Komplete 8 ult., Cinem. Strings 2, EWH Strings diamond

"Music is art - audio is technology"

Ginkgo

May not be as bad as we are assuming

Post by Ginkgo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:37 pm

I want to get my hands on Push as badly as the rest of you, but I'm going to at least wait until the expected 2-4 weeks have passed before I start worrying.

For whatever it's worth, I just checked Guitar Center, from whom I pre ordered well before 3/5, and they are expecting a shipment in on Monday 3/18, which they expect to be large enough to fill pre-order demand, with a follow up shipment expected on 3/28. The sales rep I spoke with said this info was about two days old.

As for Maschine control of Ableton, I've tried about 6 different controller templates, and found them all disappointing and/or unstable. Admittedly, this is a big part of the reason I'm so excited about the Push. The Maschine controller is brilliant, so long as you're OK sticking to Maschine in standalone. Once you're working in another DAW, it just doesn't work so well (i'll spare you all a longer rant about the specifics.)

I plan on keeping Maschine around for getting beat ideas down quickly, and for controlling parameters within NI Komplete. Plus, its a nice supplemental controller for Traktor, etc.

su-Y

Post by su-Y » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:28 am

doc holiday wrote:
su-Y wrote:Anyone know what service will Ableton use to ship Push? I will be on Cyprus when it ships, and I ordered it there, and god, that island has terrible mail service. So I wonder will they be using regular post office or something more fancy like UPS?

Are you in Europe? Cause when they ship things like that around Europe they tend to have one center. What was the point of origin of the package?
Gosh I wish it was fedex :D

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:19 pm

If you've ordered a Push from ableton.com, then the shipping estimates you saw in the shop at the time your put in your order are correct for you. Please check your personal delivery time in your account on ableton.com - it will be updated dynamically.

At present, it will take an estimated 16 or more weeks for Push units to arrive that are ordered from ableton.com today.

There's been an overwhelming demand for Push, and, as often happens with popular hardware products, the waiting time increases as early stocks quickly sell out. We have made shipping estimates from ableton.com transparent from the beginning, and will continue to do so.

We don't have access to availability and sales data for third-party retailers, and thus cannot speak for them as to availability and shipping estimates – you'll need to get in touch with specific retailers yourselves to get that information.

We're thrilled to see the enthusiasm for Push, and are working to accommodate the overwhelming demand – thanks for your patience.

su-Y

Post by su-Y » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:41 pm

So how will be the units shipped to say Cyprus?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:52 pm

By catamaran.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:10 pm

su-Y wrote:
doc holiday wrote:

Are you in Europe? Cause when they ship things like that around Europe they tend to have one center. What was the point of origin of the package?
Gosh I wish it was fedex :D

Sorry, I'm across the pond. My box shipped from texas so push should arrive quick for me.

I think it's understandable that Ableton are pushing the first small run out first as opposed to waiting for massive back stock. The first runs are gonna cost more than follow up runs will production wise.

rgrambo

Post by rgrambo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Tarekith wrote:By catamaran.
////////OK, that was funny.

rgrambo

Post by rgrambo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:58 pm

pro.tone wrote:NI has really great Software and sounds, but their hardware is only built to satisfy NI-heads' needs.
They should show that they're really smart and should finally come down from their NI-throne, throwing a multi(software)-compatible controller on the market.
Machine is simply shit for my Ableton-needs.
Believe me, by this time next year, there will be no shortage of isometric keypads.

The others will strive for the Push's price point but will fall short in integration and quality. Push will be the only one worth the inflated cost to Live users. (no doubt Akai/Ableton wish they were charging even more at this point)

Myself, while I wait for my Push controller to arrive, I'll contemplate Reason 7 and dream of an add-on surface for NI Maschine (as I LOVE the Maschine experience.)

If NI comes up with an add-on isometric padset that includes dual multi-touchpads for XYZx2... whew. - Id be in Heaven. And why shouldnt they? It would be awesome! (and optional). Add modal mapping, an innovative arpeggiator and Id be 100% satisfied with Maschine (for awhile).

Ive pre-ordered Push even though Im no fan of Live. (Live is 100% counter intuitive to me). But I need to map modes and scales and I need at least 24 velocity sensitive pads (what, no aftertouch!?)

I love my NI Maschine but with a Push I can make the jump.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:40 pm

rgrambo wrote:
Tarekith wrote:By catamaran.
////////OK, that was funny.

Whew!

8)
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:11 pm

Will there be five Golden Tickets hidden amongst the Push boxes?

Don't worry Ableton!! I won't give your secrets away to Bitwig!

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:44 am

ompa lompa dompadidooo

R3k

Post by R3k » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:37 pm

Ableton_David wrote:If you've ordered a Push from ableton.com, then the shipping estimates you saw in the shop at the time your put in your order are correct for you. Please check your personal delivery time in your account on ableton.com - it will be updated dynamically.

At present, it will take an estimated 16 or more weeks for Push units to arrive that are ordered from ableton.com today.

There's been an overwhelming demand for Push, and, as often happens with popular hardware products, the waiting time increases as early stocks quickly sell out. We have made shipping estimates from ableton.com transparent from the beginning, and will continue to do so.

We don't have access to availability and sales data for third-party retailers, and thus cannot speak for them as to availability and shipping estimates – you'll need to get in touch with specific retailers yourselves to get that information.

We're thrilled to see the enthusiasm for Push, and are working to accommodate the overwhelming demand – thanks for your patience.
Thanks David.