Live 9 standard to live 9 suite

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rap masta rj

Live 9 standard to live 9 suite

Post by rap masta rj » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I was just wondering if anyone knew what the price would be going from live 9 standard to live 9 suite. Would it just be the difference or would it be more? I can't seem to find this info anywhere, only info about upgrading from live 8. I plan on upgrading and I was thinking of upgrading to standard first then suite later, but if for whatever reason the price isn't just the difference between the two I'd rather be safe than sorry.

jamisonmychord

Re: Live 9 standard to live 9 suite

Post by jamisonmychord » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:06 am

Don't be sorry, I had the exact same question and couldn't find anything about it on the forums except for something similar with live 8.....but you never know for sure so I rolled the dice and just bought live 9 standard in hopes that I could later save up and get upgraded to live 9 suite. Turns out that yes you totally can do this and the only drawback is that now that I own live 9 standard, to upgrade to live 9 suite, its the same price as it was before but +$50(US). So go ahead pull that trigger if you haven't already!

theophilus

Post by theophilus » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:03 pm

can someone else, especially someone who upgraded from suite 8 -> live 9, tell what their new upgrade price is from live9->suite 9? would be useful information...

rap masta rj

Post by rap masta rj » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:47 am

jamisonmychord wrote:Don't be sorry, I had the exact same question and couldn't find anything about it on the forums except for something similar with live 8.....but you never know for sure so I rolled the dice and just bought live 9 standard in hopes that I could later save up and get upgraded to live 9 suite. Turns out that yes you totally can do this and the only drawback is that now that I own live 9 standard, to upgrade to live 9 suite, its the same price as it was before but +$50(US). So go ahead pull that trigger if you haven't already!
Alright thanks for the info, so basically it's $50 cheaper to upgrade to suite right off the bat as opposed to standard then suite?

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:46 am

theophilus wrote:can someone else, especially someone who upgraded from suite 8 -> live 9, tell what their new upgrade price is from live9->suite 9? would be useful information...
i upgraded from suite8+max4live to live9 standard(i kept my instruments and max4live (all of which upgraded)...$159
to upgrade from live9 to suite9 $234 (on top of the $159 i already paid to upgrade to standard)
so suite8>live9 standard>suite9=$393.00
suite8>suite9=$199(just for this week) then it would have cost me $299 thereafter.

why take this path if in the end it is going to cost me more money IF i want to upgrade to suite?
i got to keep max4live (which upgraded with devices) i got to keep all of my instruments, i wasn't excited for all of the content.
the 11 GBs that comes with standard is ALOT! 40 more GBs *shrugs* eh, just not psyched. it's too much.
it really just came down to money now. i had just enough to upgrade to standard. i wouldn't have made the 1 week discount, so i would have had to pay 300 bucks when it was all said and done...and all i would have gained was 40GB of content, that i wasn't excited about in the first place.
the trouble will be, if abes decides to change the instruments or add instruments to suite. i will probably have to pay up, if i want whatever they have to offer. but right now i am more than content. i saved 50 bucks.
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:39 pm

funken wrote:
eddiex wrote:
theophilus wrote:can someone else, especially someone who upgraded from suite 8 -> live 9, tell what their new upgrade price is from live9->suite 9? would be useful information...
i upgraded from suite8+max4live to live9 standard(i kept my instruments and max4live (all of which upgraded)...$159
to upgrade from live9 to suite9 $234 (on top of the $159 i already paid to upgrade to standard)
so suite8>live9 standard>suite9=$393.00
suite8>suite9=$199(just for this week) then it would have cost me $299 thereafter.

why take this path if in the end it is going to cost me more money IF i want to upgrade to suite?
i got to keep max4live (which upgraded with devices) i got to keep all of my instruments, i wasn't excited for all of the content.
the 11 GBs that comes with standard is ALOT! 40 more GBs *shrugs* eh, just not psyched. it's too much.
it really just came down to money now. i had just enough to upgrade to standard. i wouldn't have made the 1 week discount, so i would have had to pay 300 bucks when it was all said and done...and all i would have gained was 40GB of content, that i wasn't excited about in the first place.
the trouble will be, if abes decides to change the instruments or add instruments to suite. i will probably have to pay up, if i want whatever they have to offer. but right now i am more than content. i saved 50 bucks.
Good decision mate, don't sweat about the future. You bought what you need, when you needed it. Nowt wrong with that.
Yeah, I feel alright about it.....I would have felt different if they had of done a little more with the suite version (aside from content) but no complaints.

theophilus

Post by theophilus » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:46 pm

funken wrote:
Well, if you do it in 2 stages you are missing out on the week's discount are you not?
i have better defenses against artificial scarcity than that :)
there will be other discounts, and probably larger than 16% or whatever the current discount is.

plus, if i could split it up, it's easier to justify $150 twice than $250 or $300 once, just human nature :)
but with the numbers eddie's talking about, no way i would ever do it that way, too much extra.
i'm still not sure if i need live 9 bad enough to pony up the money right now yet..at some point i'll have to,
too many m4l devices, remote scripts, etc. will only work with live 9.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:50 pm

eddiex wrote: the 11 GBs that comes with standard is ALOT!
curious, did i miss something? my total is 9 GB for:

Bomblastic
Breakbeats by KutMasta Kurt
Cyclic Waves
Designer Drums
Digicussion 1 & 2
Drum Machines
Grand Piano
Guitar and Bass
Konkrete Breaks
Loopmasters Mixtape
Sound Objects Lite
Unnatural Selection
Vinyl Classics

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:02 pm

sowhoso wrote:
eddiex wrote: the 11 GBs that comes with standard is ALOT!
curious, did i miss something? my total is 9 GB for:

Bomblastic
Breakbeats by KutMasta Kurt
Cyclic Waves
Designer Drums
Digicussion 1 & 2
Drum Machines
Grand Piano
Guitar and Bass
Konkrete Breaks
Loopmasters Mixtape
Sound Objects Lite
Unnatural Selection
Vinyl Classics
Latin percussion? although don't quote me on that, I just came from suite, I got to keep some of the stuff that came with suite, that doesn't necessarily come with standard 9. My 11GB statement, is just a guesstimate. I haven't checked the actual number. It's just what ableton has written on the description of live 9 standard (over 1100 sounds (11 GB)

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:05 pm

About the 11GBs, I was just trying to say, it is more than enough stuff.

JBlongz

Post by JBlongz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:05 pm

sowhoso wrote: curious, did i miss something?
Retro Synths?
rMBP Quad 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD | UAD Apollo 8
JBlongz YouTube

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:14 pm

JBlongz wrote:
sowhoso wrote: curious, did i miss something?
Retro Synths?
I was going to say that too, but I thought retro synths was something I bought, Not part of the package?
It's almost useless to compare "packages" :)
We all upgraded from different places.

JBlongz

Post by JBlongz » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:23 pm

Retro Synths is free, just have to download it from the same place you got the other packs
rMBP Quad 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD | UAD Apollo 8
JBlongz YouTube

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:38 pm

eddiex wrote:It's just what ableton has written on the description of live 9 standard (over 1100 sounds (11 GB)
yeah, i don't know where they get 11 GB

i checked the feature comparison page to be sure and the Core Library only comes to 500 MB