"You do not own a license to which this serial number..."

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
esotericmetal

"You do not own a license to which this serial number..."

Post by esotericmetal » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:33 am

"You do not own a license to which this serial number can be applied."

Anyone else getting this message? I just bought a boxed version of suite 8 to take advantage of the free upgrade offer. I've used Live before but never decided to buy it because I came across stability/memory issues and because of the extra cost of M4L (one of the main reason I wanted to get Live). I was convinced that 9 would have addressed these issue and was pretty impressed by Push, so I decided to go ahead and buy Suite 8 and eventually Push. Unfortunately I'm having problems authorizing Suite 8 and it's not clear to me about how to upgrade to Suite 9. When I installed and opened the software it automatically setup a trial license for 30 days, but never gave me any instructions on authorizing it for real. I tried entering the serial number on Ableton.com I get the error message above.

Am I be guaranteed to get the free upgrade to 9 even though I haven't been able to authorize it before the Live 9 release? I bought suite 8 and had tried to authorize it before March 4th, but was having this issue so I wasn't able to. I've Ableton support, but i'm sure they are swamped with dealing with all the Live 9 launch issues and no one is picking up there phone support line. I've managed to get a trial version of Live 9 working for 30 days but i'm not sure about whether i'll have issues getting my software authorized and updated so I don't want to prematurely start a bunch of projects only to realize i'm going to have to pay extra for the upgrade (if this is the case I will probably just stick with 8.4 for now so I don't want to start projects in 9). I haven't dealt with Ableton before so I don't know what to expect. Any advice would be much appreciated. I would just like some kind of confirmation that I will be getting what I paid for.

the bite

Re: "You do not own a license to which this serial number..."

Post by the bite » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:39 am

i am having weird problems.i can,t authorize live 9 suite.I enter in my account, download suite 9 from my account and then the authorize process say me that i don,t have the correct license for my suite,WTF!!! i bought the free upgrade to suite on october and appears on my account.
Don,t worry ,Ableton is very supportive in these cases,the best thing you can do is enter on your ableton account and see what,s happens with your license.

esotericmetal

Post by esotericmetal » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:26 pm

I've already tried entering the serial into Ableton.com but it gives me the error message i mentioned. I know that their authorization servers were down for a while yesterday but I get the feeling that my issue is something unrelated to that as I was able to get the software to authorize as a trial version. The site is just not recognizing my serial number, which is something i've never come across with any software I own.

login

Post by login » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:31 pm

esotericmetal wrote:I've already tried entering the serial into Ableton.com but it gives me the error message i mentioned. I know that their authorization servers were down for a while yesterday but I get the feeling that my issue is something unrelated to that as I was able to get the software to authorize as a trial version. The site is just not recognizing my serial number, which is something i've never come across with any software I own.

Contact the by mail, it seems to me that maybe the site isn't accepting Live 8 serials

esotericmetal

Post by esotericmetal » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:53 pm

login wrote:
esotericmetal wrote:I've already tried entering the serial into Ableton.com but it gives me the error message i mentioned. I know that their authorization servers were down for a while yesterday but I get the feeling that my issue is something unrelated to that as I was able to get the software to authorize as a trial version. The site is just not recognizing my serial number, which is something i've never come across with any software I own.

Contact the by mail, it seems to me that maybe the site isn't accepting Live 8 serials

Yea, already did. I just don't see them getting back to me any time soon since they are probably overwhelmed right now. Was mostly just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if they will still be honoring the free upgrade offer as that was the only reason I decided to buy. Having 64bit AND M4L was the only reason I decided to switch from my current DAW.

If anyone from Ableton is able to chime in and reassure me (and others) that they will get it all sorted and i'll get my free upgrade that would be much appreciated. I'm fine with being on the 9 trial license for a little while until they get back on top of things. I just don't want to start a bunch of projects in 9 and find out that I have to pay more for an upgrade (which I probably wouldn't do in the near future).

esotericmetal

Post by esotericmetal » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:24 pm

bump

esotericmetal

Post by esotericmetal » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Update:

Finally heard back from Ableton. They've swapped out my Suite 8 serial number for a new one so I now have an authorized version of suite 8. However, I never received instructions on how to get my free upgrade to 9. Emailed them back asking about it but seeing as it them a week just for me to get a working live 8 serial, i'm not sure how long it will take for me to get a response. I'm worried that I may not end up getting the free upgrade at all, which is the only reason I bought it in the first place. If that's the case and I'm required to pay for the upgrade then it would mean that it would cost me more than just buying a new version of 9. Really hope this isn't the case...

esotericmetal

Post by esotericmetal » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:47 pm

another update, for anyone that cares:

They just sent me a serial for my live 9 upgrade. So looks like I am all set. I was slightly worried they weren't going to honor their free upgrade but I guess I just needed to be patient.

polkim89

Post by polkim89 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:19 am

yo im having the same issue, im thinking about calling tomorrow since theyre closed right now, did u just get the standard 9 or the suite?