Live 9 mackie control

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nightscope

Re: Live 9 mackie control

Post by nightscope » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:05 pm

[smc] wrote:Thanks again for trying this out!]
Will do, Scottie. But only after the Bayern match at Old Trafford.

First things first.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:09 pm

Is there any chance this can be released in a Beta release to test out? I'm only using Betas and every time a new one is released it overwrites these kinds of files. As soon as my setup is back up and running I would be happy to test.

nightscope

Post by nightscope » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:42 pm

Stand down. :D I think it's working OK. Many thanks.

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:54 pm

No problems whatsoever. I use the Mackie Control functionality of a Yamaha Motif XF6 and it works the same in 9 as it did in 7 and 8.

RDP

Post by RDP » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:25 pm

My Tascam US-2400 was able to make use of these improved scripts in 9 to enable Track Select On Touch, but when 10 came along that broke, and since then (up to 11) I have just been using the standard scripts. I would like to check the .py of the motorhorst (pg 2.) provided custom ChannelStrip.py that includes that feature, but alas cannot find the files anymore. Is anyone able to provide?

thanks in advance,
RDP

RDP

Post by RDP » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:05 am

Found them. PM me if required.

thanks,
RDP

lazyboi

Post by lazyboi » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:35 am

Is there a version for Live 11? I tried this and when loading live 11 I receive a prompt stating that an updated script for live 11 is required. I'm using the Avid S1 in Mackie mode which works great besides the volume levels not showing on the controller.

Thanks in advance!

[smc] wrote:
Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:15 pm
Hey, Scott from Ableton here. I've uploaded another version of the scripts to try out. This still mostly only addresses the metering bug, but "hopefully" this fixes nightscope's issue. If it doesn't address the issue please let me know.

Additionally, on the MCU Pro, pressing the Pan mode button multiple times, or enabling the level meters from the IO, Send, or Effect modes would also show a blank "...." display instead of each mode's values. This should also hopefully be resolved, but please let me know if it isn't or you're running into any other strange behaviour.

Please follow Simon's instructions from below. Your .zip folder should have a "v2" at the end. Thanks again for trying this out!
[sih] wrote: Please find the latest script here:

https://downloads.ableton.com/support/M ... Fix_v2.zip

Installation instructions:

Step 1.

Download and unzip the file. It will unzip into the following 3 folders: MackieControl, MackieControl_Classic & MackieControlXT

Leave this folder structure as is!

Step 2.

Navigate to the folder “MIDI Remote Scripts”. You'll find this here:

Windows:

C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live x\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\ on Windows 7 and Vista and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ableton\Live x\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\ on Windows XP.

Mac:

Locate the “Live.app” file here: Macintosh HD/Applications/Live x.x.x./Live.app
Right click on the “Live.app” file and choose “Show Package Contents”
Open the folder: Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/

Please refer to the following knowledge base article for further information on how to access hidden folders on Windows and Mac OS X.

Step 3.

With Live closed, move the folders you extracted in Step 1 to the MIDI Remote Scripts folder, replacing the existing Mackie folders (you can back them up first to be safe if you like).