Live 9 mackie control

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
julienb

Re: Live 9 mackie control

Post by julienb » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:33 am

Ryder17 wrote:Thanks Julien! I'll compare these two tonight then probably come running back to you for help lol..

Cheers
bump me, I'm now unfollowing this thread because of massive notifications amount :p
Julien Bayle
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ryder17

Post by Ryder17 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:37 am

Yeah but the tascam works a little differently. It operates as three different surfaces, just like a mackie control + two extender units. I suspect it's the extender unit functions that aren't right as the transport and 8 faders and channel buttons work fine.

So the bfc don't even work with the bfc script??

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:40 am

Ryder17 wrote:Yeah but the tascam works a little differently. It operates as three different surfaces, just like a mackie control + two extender units. I suspect it's the extender unit functions that aren't right as the transport and 8 faders and channel buttons work fine.

So the bfc don't even work with the bfc script??
No, when I try to dump it to my BFC, I get the famous Err22 Message on my Controller. :(

I tried to manually load it into my Controller via bfcedit32, but that doesn't work either. /sigh

I never had problems with it, when using Live 6. But I have been out of it the last couple years (due to RL piorities, like moving from Holland to Norway, becoming father, etc).
So I jumped in on the Live 8 Standard with Free Live 9 offer last weekend and been messing around trying to make my BFC2000 work with Live 8 and now Live 9 for days.

I upgraded my BCF to the latest 1.10 firmware, resetted to factory settings. But alas... to no avail.

JvK77

Post by JvK77 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:30 pm

I have original Mackie Control and 2 extenders and can confirm mute/solo/rec doesn't work on XT in 9. In Live8 everything worked fine. Copying MIDI control scripts from 8 doesn't help.

Serious problem for me, I use mute/solo very frequently.

Plus pressing the pan knobs also doesn't make any effect. afair in 8 it reset the channel to the center (don't use it so much so can't remember actually)

Ryder17

Post by Ryder17 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:44 pm

It has to be the xt scripts then..... Pan functions and sliders work fine on my tascam though

Hope they fix this quick!!

JvK77

Post by JvK77 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:04 pm

Just checked, pressing pan knobs worked fine in 8.

A little more info

on Mackie Control (main module): everything works fine, at least what I use: all the control buttons, the wheel, functional buttons seems to work too (actually I use mostly only "cycle" so can't confirm about everything). All the mixer controls also work (faders, mute/solo/rec/pan knobs, including pressing down). track names are displayed correctly.

on Mackie Control XT: nothing works except actually faders and pan knobs (rotating only, pressing down doesn't work). track names are displayed correctly too.

Ryder17

Post by Ryder17 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:02 am

Same here JvK77, has to be the xt scripts.... Ableton support have replied saying they tested with mackie control but they will look into it if I send a system report which is what im doing right now

motorhorst

Post by motorhorst » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Hey, I fixed most of the bugs in the mackie implementation. Simply download the files listed below (as far as you need) and put them into the corresponding midi remote scripting folder on your machine:

OSX: applications/<Live 9 => show package content>/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/MackieControl or MackieControlXT
WIN7: C:\ProgramData\Ableton\<Live xxx>\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\MackieControl or MackieControlXT
WINXP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ableton\<Live xxx>\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts\MackieControl or MackieControlXT

Then run Live 9. All the modifications are without any warranty and at your own risk of course. Please backup your corresponding .pyc files before. They will be overwritten.

MackieControlXT.py (http://we.tl/i0UTapV3Hi)
will fix the button issue on MackieXTs. Put it in your MackieControlXT folder.

MackieControl.py (http://we.tl/PPxSuwfgHv)
will fix the bug, that fader and buttons of Mackie Control stay in it's last state when quitting live. Put it in your MackieControl folder.

ChannelStrip.py (http://we.tl/gCMT2smL8i)
will fix slow reacting channel peak meters/leds. Especially for those nucleus users out there it is a shame to have a one second delay on each channel's peak meter. If you use this fix, keep in mind that midi traffic will increase. But I haven't noticed any serious loss in performance on my machine. Also "Fader-touch selects channel" ist added. If you don't like this feature, simply comment out line 155 (#self.__select_track()). Put it in your MackieControl folder.

Transport.py (http://we.tl/rVrVoMJjSB)
will change the behaviour of your transport section in Arrangement mode: By holding the loop button while turning the transport wheel you can set position and length of the loop (like in logic). The scrub/alt/ctrl buttons are now used to modify the speed/grid of track position marker when turning the transport wheel. The position always snaps to the selected grid. Pressing the transport play button in Arrangement View starts playing from the actual position of the transport wheel marker by default and can be changed by pressing ctrl or shift. Put it in your MackieControl folder.

Thats it so far. Further improvements are planned when i have more time.
Please ask me if you discover any bugs. I've tested with nucleus and anything works as expected and even better than Mackie has ever worked under Live ;-)

Cheers
Horst

Ryder17

Post by Ryder17 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:53 pm

MOTORHORST!!!!! You genius! I actually love you!!

It's even fixed the 'touch to select' function that didn't work in 8

Thank you sooooo much!!! x

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:08 am

Do you have a fix for the BCF2000 as well? :mrgreen:

motorhorst

Post by motorhorst » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:06 pm

Since I don't have one here, i can't do any bug tracing. sorry

JvK77

Post by JvK77 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:46 pm

motorhorst wrote:Hey, I fixed most of the bugs in the mackie implementation
all works! many thanks!!!

stereodrive

Post by stereodrive » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi there!
I tried to download the scrpits but they aren't available anymore!
Pls can you repost? I'm stuck!
Mac Studio (2022)
Apple M1 Max
32 GB Ram
14.3.1 Sonoma

stereodrive

Post by stereodrive » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:29 pm

please!
Mac Studio (2022)
Apple M1 Max
32 GB Ram
14.3.1 Sonoma

Ryder17

Post by Ryder17 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:20 am

I could really do with these scripts again too. I lost em after updating to 9.0.2 :(