Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Blendton
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:29 pm
Location: France

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by Blendton » Fri May 10, 2013 9:58 pm

Yep,

As I'm as convinced the case is not "rarely occuring" enough, in fact I noticed it may be more an issue for :

- OSX Lion users, 32/64 bite my shiny ... ... <no_geek_mode=benders_unfinished_catchphrase> : lots of CPU, bi or quad, all Core i3 5 or 7 and once I've read indexing stuff on some "Pentium" CPU so lets
:arrow:
- Despite being not fond of "terabyte libraries" as I stated, there's only REX or WAV 16-bit 44,100Hz.

WARNING : no troll from a sound-engineer or Pro-Tools HD EXPERT, even if not "just" Icon Mixer or Post but "Music" certified post PT-HD 310 "Adv. Music Tech." exam completed, in fact I should just name "the guy I want to hear from him "Why, I mix 16-24-32 44.1/48/96/192Khz sounds I must play with dither-sounding "issues", because well : yeah I MUST admit MYSELF having been shut off by that freaky static mic', with its sleek line not just a cylinder like a basic subcardio static mic, in fact it looked like what english-speaking guys may call "thermometer, you know, that sucker mum's put in your ass when your mood was like ... "no school today"

I never bet, but instead of saying things like my posts or myself are not helping, I'd like to know what is included in that "big-size" (in fact, a USB 3.0 1TB external HDD which is breathing with about 10-15% freee space...)

SO I REPEAT + JUST IN CASE "FOR DUMMIES" tone, don't feel angry, it's French shitty writings, BTW ENG makes me feeling like a "god boy" lol :

I NEVER until now have read, catched whatever, a Win8-Pro x64 using a fully installed (I mean 55GB Ableton says : it's 57,...GB to install here) ABLETON SUITE 8 BOXED (then EIC2 and Session Drums in double, I should think to remove the 8's or 9's one someday32-bit + Max For Live 32-bit thx to the old 5.0.9 release + ABLETON FULL INSTALLED SUITE 9 + all "standard VSTs, most popular ones, Massive/Kontakt/Reaktor/ + Full FL Studio 11 with every VSTs available in 32 and 64-bit when possible, all Xfer Records stuff, in fact I'm thinking to add the whole : iTunes ..TB, some GB of AAC/M4A converted to WAV/16/44

Why wav-16 blahblah ? Crap, if you're more in the "post-prod" or "multi-multi-several-multi-pairs of triple channels kind of show ...

Sorry. To produce and perform, no one here could convince me that he knows, HD-25-II @140dB SPL to be sure,
is file is 32/192 and the other "CD-standard" 16/44.1

And YES its not as off-topic someone seemed to think, let's sort Win8 etc. and look at a big crappy directory full of (let's give these "formats" pets names" : dogs, birds, some dynosaurus blended pig, pizza...

Because of what that indexer DOES WELL, unfortunately for some, I won't bet on this, but people having issues can't be "worse", "less clever", than my fucking unbearable self-person ?!

Wow, in fact nurse practitioner might have always been my destiny lol :

so please, I try to think in order to catch some stuff which leads to "SOLVED", at least, "UNDERSTOOD"...

Me : 880 or 920GB of REX and "standard" WAV, in a lot of subfolders, divided in four main folders (only one on four has its own "section" in my browser : it's only 30GB of only WAV Std. Well, if Suite 9 or even this "sucking" indexer, well, I'm OK to try it, maybe he's good, I put him at work for the 1st 24h post1st 9.0.1 install >>> some lags because 5400rpm but NO freeze to call for a little lag in drag/dropping or .asd creation, in fact,

Dudes, let's catch the common stuff between every unhappy mates, whose indexer crashes : mine never has to work, and despite being the 9.0.1 x64, 24h no crash, see my config below and my recurring blahblah about "if you see some 24-32/96/192 bastard, del+enter it, no trash just erase or give it to cinema/post-prod-show-mixing/designer involved guys

Here, it's just music : as always a long piece of badly written sentences to say just a simple thing :

And if all your TB of crap was all the same type, and not gathered in folders with 250~300+++ files (>>> one of many reasons I consider installing Live/Suite 9 as not for those, briefly, who didn't approch computer science and OS/threads/coding and tell the CPU to compute that way so the child can be transparent thanks to monolythic kernels belong to the past...

Off-topic ? Really ? Yeah right in fact Abe are amateurs and in fact they are testing your buyiners' skills" lol or just all had a terrible head injury all together, why not, since now, it's the end (few I'm soooooo tired), 9.0.4 no beta still in the beta section @ board index, in fact, let's even say Push is responsible because no indexer no push >>> no way, Push without indexer was not hard to do, I 've see this false belief too much,

stop. Because as you read this, even your MacOS, Windows NT6/6.1/6.2 is surely indexing stuff, it does that all the time, when you read crap for 5min go hear the noise lol, WTF, debates on "indexer flaw" >>> WHY NOT ME ?!

Please don't feel weird negative things on my posts, it's like that, can't write better or less.

I'M PISSED OFF BEING ALONE TO ENJOY WHILE ALL MATES WRITE THREADS ABOUT ... compting, sort of basics of computing indeed...

:arrow: :idea:
Antoine, aka Blendton.

OS : Windows 8 Professional with Media Center - x64
Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

Nunz
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by Nunz » Tue May 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Hey guys,

After reading this thread, I really still haven;t figured out Live 9's browser. On my computer, I have a master folder named (Vengeance) with all my drum samples and other types of samples. However, I can't find these when using the new Live 9 Browser. Why can't I browse through and then cue (preview) my samples in the new software? How do I go about doing so?

Thanks guys! 8) 8)

re:dream
Posts: 4558
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:42 am
Location: Hoerikwaggo's sunset side...
Contact:

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by re:dream » Tue May 21, 2013 6:30 pm

I was just reading a post about chopping up audio a la Skrillex & listening to the audio example of the Feedme track

And then I read Blendton's post.

The effect was uncannily similar.

Like Skrillex's music, one can eventually start enjoying it. It's kinda exhilirating.

Blendton
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:29 pm
Location: France

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by Blendton » Tue May 21, 2013 7:01 pm

The Finn wrote:I was just reading a post about chopping up audio a la Skrillex & listening to the audio example of the Feedme track

And then I read Blendton's post.

The effect was uncannily similar.

Like Skrillex's music, one can eventually start enjoying it. It's kinda exhilirating.

Thank you for appreciating, BTW ... Thank you - Part Two lol

Hey mates. Pretty much overloaded with life & stuff tou know, so I think this one was my latest and ...

Well, it's true : I could just read my sentences so I would be able to be unae to read my weitîgs lol ...

Mais avant tout et ceci en Fr pour être bien clair : ce que vous appelez "language barrier" we do 't give a fuck, we talk in a very complex gramma/synta/vocabula/<coca-colablablabla> way...

Sachez, tous, que jamais je ne relis un de mes post, ni ne corrige quoi que ce soit ( même si je constaste une erreur voire une grosse connerie).

Je préfère rester cet être humain derriere son nom de code Blendton : avec son ADJD sa Ritaline son job d'infirmier malgré tout, et que des personnes telles que vous comprennent que si je suis là c'est idéalement pour aider : si he ne peux le faire, j'essaie de diffuser de cette chaotique personnalité mais cependant attentionné et avec un humour très ... Bref.

Merci Funk N. Furter pour avoir écrit ce que je dois faire bien que mon bit ne sojt pas d'être relancé : les débats ne sont pas mon business ^^

Lerci à The Finn d'avoir réussi à franchir la "barrière" et partageant ainsi avec moi ce que je cite "kinda exilhirating for both of us :D

With warm regards.
Antoine, aka Blendton.

OS : Windows 8 Professional with Media Center - x64
Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

Rosko
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:12 pm

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by Rosko » Tue May 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Indexing is one of many issues with the browser, was hoping some progress would have been by now.

ze2be
Posts: 3455
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:17 am
Location: Mos Eisley

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by ze2be » Tue May 21, 2013 8:50 pm

The Finn wrote:
ze2be wrote: I never trusted the akward Ableton preset saving system. Why didnt they do a vst system like everyone else? Because of that choice; no session automation recording before 9, no program change on plugs, akward load/save "swap" system, and so forth.
THat's an interesting remark... care to say more? I am not that familiar with other DAWs (other than Reason :P ) so I don't know what you mean by a vst system and why that has implications for session automation etc etc...
With VSTs we could record automation to session since VSTs was introduced to Live, I think version 4. ;) However with internal Live plugs and racks they went with their own system, not like VST, it was not able to record to session before 9. Also no floating windows, no program change, and no fast preset swaping. I guess they wanted to avoid the vst licence which is owned by Steinberg.
? ? ? ? ?

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by H20nly » Tue May 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Live 9's browser issue solved!

Ableton wrote:After much troubleshooting we have determined that the cause of the issue with the Live 9 browser is due to 2 similar, but not entirely related items;
First, Live 9 cannot find a link to the forum on the homepage. As such, it is forced to go through alternate port i.e. a back door. This back door actually leads to the data table that contains the most jumbled up data on that Ableton has ever had to contend with... Blendton's posts. In short, Live 9's browser will not work because it is attempting to index Blendton's posts into some semblance of order. Every time Blendon posts this process must be restarted. We are working diligently to resolve this issue.

SuburbanThug
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:22 am
Contact:

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by SuburbanThug » Tue May 21, 2013 9:44 pm

Oh, shit. Sorry, Blendton. That's effing hilarious. :lol:

fishmonkey
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:50 am

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by fishmonkey » Wed May 22, 2013 12:16 am

Funk N. Furter wrote: Friendly tip so you get replies: write your posts as you would normally. Then go through and remove 80%. Edit the other 20% so it's understandable, so people know what it means. Write in plain English with no ambiguities, let alone deliberately cryptic stuff.
i disagree. he/she adds much needed colour around this joint...
Last edited by fishmonkey on Wed May 22, 2013 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blendton
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:29 pm
Location: France

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by Blendton » Wed May 22, 2013 3:48 am

Ableton wrote:After much troubleshooting we have determined that the cause of the issue with the Live 9 browser is due to 2 similar, but not entirely related items;
First, Live 9 cannot find a link to the forum on the homepage. As such, it is forced to go through alternate port i.e. a back door. This back door actually leads to the data table that contains the most jumbled up data on that Ableton has ever had to contend with... Blendton's posts. In short, Live 9's browser will not work because it is attempting to index Blendton's posts into some semblance of order. Every time Blendon posts this process must be restarted. We are working diligently to resolve this issue.
SuburbanThug wrote:Oh, shit. Sorry, Blendton. That's effing hilarious. :lol:

OMG, I'm out :'(

Because I therefore can't say more than ...

...

Pwned! ..................... :P :lol:
Antoine, aka Blendton.

OS : Windows 8 Professional with Media Center - x64
Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

jasper
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:57 am

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by jasper » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:59 am

When you make patches and save them,
Live will copy the samples you use into another location.
unless v9 is different.

I'm hesitant to upgrade because I'm 99% convinced
my entire Library will be destroyed.

Wes Smith Yo
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:10 am

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by Wes Smith Yo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:49 am

I've been searching for any hope of a tagging type implementation. Apparently nothing. Logic had this like 4 years ago, I guess because Apple builds it perhaps they can do a better job of OS integration? Anyway, the 9.X browser definitely seems like step back...I can;t see anything it is doing for me here in terms of workflow speed.

ezelkow1
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:22 pm

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by ezelkow1 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:16 am

So another browser issue, just submitted this as a feature request though I doubt it can possibly happen due to the new browser organization they have

If you have custom grooves you can no longer place them in the main groove library, they must now go into your user library. This would be fine if just like other presets (i.e. you go to instruments, your operator presets show up in instruments/operator even though they reside in your user library) they would show up when going to the 'groove library' but they dont.

Citizen
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:34 am

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by Citizen » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:03 am

Is there a site/tutorial that comprehensively covers the nuances and idiosyncracies of the new Live browser and library?

I'm still a bit confused about it.

ze2be
Posts: 3455
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:17 am
Location: Mos Eisley

Re: Live 9 browser NIGHTMARE !!!

Post by ze2be » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:02 am

I like the new browser. But yesterday I got to feel the problem it introduces first hand. I had a friend visiting, and he wanted me to load a simple wav file from his usb drive into a track. Using windows browser I copied his file to a folder on my drive. And so in Live 9 im about to find it in its browser, and drag n drop into project: Where is browsing? There are no direct browsing haha!! Omg! I had to create a new folder linked to my drive just for this, but its impossible to do direct search because indexing took forever. Were not going to sit there for ages waiting just to check out a simple wav clip, so instead I just drag n droped it directly from a windows window into Live. Problem solved.

To prepare for this in the future one might want to create folders in Live 9 browser for any possible combination, and have it all indexed before hand. Then when indexing it will probably find the new files much quicker, as the old ones are already done.

But I see now that I really miss normal direct browsing from previous Live versions!


/mild rant
? ? ? ? ?

Post Reply