M4L Midi LFO doesn't store settings.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
PulsePsycle

M4L Midi LFO doesn't store settings.

Post by PulsePsycle » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:45 am

I use M4L Midi LFO to control the mix parameter of Cableguys Volumeshaper but whenever I reopen the project the rate is 1/48 instead of 2 (sync mode) when saved.
i9-13900K, 64GB, Win11 x64, Suite 11 latest, Motu 828ES, LP32, Profire 2626 x 6, M8U XL x 4, Cubase Pro 12 latest, FL Studio 21 latest.

Monib

Re: M4L Midi LFO doesn't store settings.

Post by Monib » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:38 am

Yes, I agree. Its a great tool, but what the point if the setting just mess up on load again?

Is there a solution?

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:18 am

PulsePsycle wrote:I use M4L Midi LFO to control the mix parameter of Cableguys Volumeshaper but whenever I reopen the project the rate is 1/48 instead of 2 (sync mode) when saved.

Why no set up you M4L devices as a midi/audio rack,save that as a template

Maybe that will save your settings?
Dell Optilplex 9010,Windows Pro 10 10 64 bit .16GB ram, Intel i5 3570 chip,@ 3'40GHz 4 cores
1TB SSD main drive, external drive 6TB SSD for various Kontakt libraries

https://soundcloud.com/ambientdavemusic

cyclicAMP

Post by cyclicAMP » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:34 am

I am having exact same issue.
david.barker wrote: Why no set up you M4L devices as a midi/audio rack,save that as a template

Maybe that will save your settings?
I have tried this but unfortunately that did not help.

Guess its just a bug.

Perpetual Rift

Post by Perpetual Rift » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:54 am

Yeah, please tell me this is going to be fixed. As far as I know, the only parameter that does not save for your project is the rate. I tried to automate this hoping that a recorded automation would save into the project, fixing the problem. However, it is the one parameter in the MIDI LFO that I CAN'T automate for some reason.

Has anyone else had trouble recording automation for the rate knob in the MIDI LFO? I can right click and see the option for viewing the automation lane for EVERY OTHER DAMN KNOB on the MIDI LFO GUI but nothing even shows up when I right click the rate knob.

A lot of these new features are driving me up the damn wall trying to figure out.

A solution would be kindly appreciated.

Slacker4hire

Post by Slacker4hire » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:56 am

I found it was only the synced rate that isn't visible to automate.

I don't know much too much about working in M4L really, but you can open the patcher for Midi Lfo, find the sync rate knob and open it's inspector. then check the box for "automated and stored"

After doing this and resaving the device, I could automate the parameter and pull it up thru context menu.

If you feel like trying out a little cut and paste, you can probably even add a preset chooser right into the device. to me Max is confusing as all shit sometimes, but it can be really cool.
10.9 - Live 9.1/M4L - Studio One 2.6.2 - Komplete 9 ultimate - Maschine 2.0 MK2 plus random goodies and a ton of unused hardware.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:26 am

Slacker4hire wrote:
I don't know much too much about working in M4L really, but you can open the patcher for Midi Lfo, find the sync rate knob and open it's inspector. then check the box for "automated and stored"

After doing this and resaving the device, I could automate the parameter and pull it up thru context menu.

Thanks, this looks useful. But how do you save the device? The save option is greyed out...

Slacker4hire

Post by Slacker4hire » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:10 am

I just a did shift+cmd+s to save, and then renamed it.

I tend to save copies incase I mess something up.
10.9 - Live 9.1/M4L - Studio One 2.6.2 - Komplete 9 ultimate - Maschine 2.0 MK2 plus random goodies and a ton of unused hardware.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:36 am

But how do you save the device? The save option is greyed out...
It's because the device is frozen.

Perpetual Rift

Post by Perpetual Rift » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:41 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7dIkonCfFE

Check out this video of the Live 9 preview event.

At 11:35 Dennis automates the rate parameter. What the fuck?! Does he have a special version we don't? This just pisses me off.

mr.ergonomics

Post by mr.ergonomics » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:02 am

post it in the live9 beta forum or mail the support. I agree with you, way to many problems for a release.... they should have added at least 2 month beta phase...

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:23 pm

Thank you. Not really a bug, just an odd setting in the device. Fixed for now :)

dan85

Post by dan85 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:52 pm

Slacker4hire wrote:I found it was only the synced rate that isn't visible to automate.

If you feel like trying out a little cut and paste, you can probably even add a preset chooser right into the device. to me Max is confusing as all shit sometimes, but it can be really cool.
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I'm having this issue with M4L MIDI LFO and I can't find this setting within the Max editor. I see a bunch of options for the rate control, but I didn't see "automated and stored." Could anyone possible screenshot this??

Slacker4hire

Post by Slacker4hire » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:23 pm

dan85 wrote:Sorry to resurrect a dead thread..

No worries. I can't post a pic but it's pretty straightforward.

In Max, open the Rate knob Inspector, At the top of the Inspector you'll see a few tabs, clcik the tab labeled "All."

Scroll down until you see Parameter settings, there you'll see "Parameter Visibility"

this will probably say "hidden," change this setting to Automated and Stored.

Now hit save and you're done!